Failed Inspection for Torn Wiper Blade

11,864 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by drumboy
drumboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm getting an inspection at CarSpa and they failed me because one of my wiper blades is torn for about an inch on the end. Is that right?

I swore to never come here after the issue with my tint a couple years ago but it was convenient at lunch and I got new tint. That's what I get for not going to the station by my house that doesn't check that closely.

[This message has been edited by Drumboy (edited 4/17/2013 12:17p).]
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
A new set of blades are ~$10, and yours are obviously in need of replacement. Just buy 'em.
drumboy
AG
Of course I'm going to replace them but they want $15 each for some cheap ones. Ill replace them and have to come back over here.

Seems like every time I ever came here, whether for an oil change or car wash they tell me that I need a new air filter or rock chip repair etc.
dubi
AG
Perhaps this is a sign to check your wiper blades BEFORE you get your vehicle inspected.
JB
AG
Wipers are part of the inspection. Buy new ones, get inspection. Not a big deal.
drumboy
AG
quote:
Wipers are part of the inspection. Buy new ones, get inspection. Not a big deal.

Already ordered off Amazon, just gotta wait. That's what I get for going to a legit place I guess.
EMY92
AG
I'm pretty sure anyone would have failed you for something so obvious.
sts7049
AG
why not just buy some at autozone?
drumboy
AG
quote:
I'm pretty sure anyone would have failed you for something so obvious.

They were barely torn, but still torn. The place that I usually go doesn't really check anything.
drumboy
AG
quote:
why not just buy some at autozone?

I'm not going to take it back for the next couple days and I'm going to Austin this weekend in a buddy's car so I'm not worried about a couple days. Plus the AutoZone and Oreilly near me never have both sizes I need in stock at the same time, they're twice as expensive and I don't know enough Spanish to ask if they have them in the back. (Culero?)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.