The Butcher's Cellar - Waco/Woodway

1,074 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by c-jags
Goodbull10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone tried the new steakhouse in Woodway? I haven't been there yet, but hopeful for it to be a solid fine dining option.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
I haven't been, but if you can stand briefly to visit the Baylor board, the locals are discussing it:

The Butcher's Cellar

Pro tip -- don't look at their football stuff. Ags aren't well respected, as can be expected, I suppose.
EMY92
AG
It's about a 5 minute walk from my house, but I usually don't hit fine dining establishments too often anymore.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
EMY92 said:

It's about a 5 minute walk from my house, but I usually don't hit fine dining establishments too often anymore.
Yeah, I've become more of a 'sawdust on the floors' rather than a 'mahogany on the walls' kind of guy, but I imagine my wife will keep beating the drum and I'll eventually need to gut it up.
washburn321
AG
My wife and I tried it a few weeks ago for the anniversary. It was solid. The inside is very nice. It's a different look than any steakhouse in Waco. Wine cellar is the focal point and viewable in the restaurant. Make sure to reserve a table in the main room.

They have entirely too many people coming to check on you. Maybe it was still getting the kinks worked out, but every 3 minutes someone was coming by asking if we needed anything taken off the table. The server we had was very nice at appropriately attentive.

We had steaks and a pasta dish. Both were good.

I'm partial to Diamondbacks, I've always had good experiences there, but it's great to have an additional fine dining option closer to the west side.

I would highly recommend Jorge's, the new TexMex spinoff of George's. Everything we ate there was delicious. Reservations are needed.
Goodbull10
AG
I agree with you, Jorge's is excellent! Been there twice and both times food and service was outstanding.

Glad to hear Butcher's Cellar is good, will have to give a try soon.
c-jags
our waco friends have raved about Jorge's. haven't had a chance to go yet.

we did eat at the Brasserie at hotel 1928 recently and it was good. milo's was ok.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.