SIL moving into the area

2,261 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Crusaders41
Aggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy folks.

My SIL is moving to the area to take a job in Temple. She is looking for a new house and currently looking into a house in Salado.

Is this a good area? Comments/concerns?
c-jags
Salado is a nice area with a smaller school and community. It's a good 15 minute haul to Temple from there, which if she's coming from DFW/Houston/SA/Austin, that may not be a problem and may actually be an improvement. Fun downtown and creek area that brings in a lot of people and lots of restaurants for a town its size. I'd say on any given night, there may be more people from Austin/Temple/Belton in Salado than actual people that live there.

That being said, single, married, kids? There's plenty of stuff for kids in Salado, but there's probably more youth league stuff in Temple. I wouldn't imagine staying in Salado itself would be a ton of fun for a single person, but Temple is close enough. Salado does have plenty of night life, albeit.

Good luck buying a house right now though. Tell her to come in high.
BohunkAg
AG
Is she hot?
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
BohunkAg said:

Is she hot?

This
ag0207
AG
Salado is a great place. If she has school aged kids I would highly recommend Salado or Belton.
Aggie_95
AG
If you have nephews/nieces that are school aged, Salado is the right answer. Great small school district within easy driving distance to Temple. Hard to go wrong with a house purchase in Salado ISD.
Crusaders41
Salado being so close to Austin night life is a plus as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.