Need to get rid of a desk in Waco (free)

1,840 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dad's desk at my parent's house that has been sold (waiting closing) needs to be gone. I'm hoping someone on here needs something like it and is willing to come get it. Unfortunately, I don't have a very good pic of it -- all I have is the listing below with the desk in part of a pic. Not 100% sure of the size, but something like a 60x30 (give or take 6 on either side), with one small drawer and a (letter size) file drawer on each side. There is a computer keyboard tray in the middle. It is pretty heavy, unfortunately.

I'm going to be there next Monday (the 11th) and if anyone wants it, let me know. You can either meet me there or I can leave it for you, wrapped up under a carport. If I put it outside, I will put it on wood blocks and wrap with quality plastic to keep the weather out. I'll also tell the buyer what's going on.

It is on the right side of pic number 28 (the pic to the left of the back porch). Again, sorry for the crappy image -- it is literally the last thing we have to get rid of. If I can get a better pic and update this post, I will.

Here's the listing link:

Go to pic 28
c-jags

That it?

I don't need it but figured that would help if I got the right picture.
91AggieLawyer
AG
No. Unfortunately, the pic of it isn't near that good. It is the one where the desk is only partially shown on the far right of the pic -- sort of a cream, off white color. The people coming will pick that stuff up, just not the desk I'm posting about.
c-jags
My bad. I couldn't even tell it was a desk from the pic.

91AggieLawyer
AG
jags -- forgot to say thanks for the assist and post. I was pretty stressed out at the time. No excuse though.

To sum up, the pickup people took the desk. The whole thing was an ordeal (my wife was supposedly exposed; had to get tested; we weren't sure we were going to be able to go; I was trying to find someone to "babysit" for the movers; test came back negative...). I talked them in to taking the desk but they wouldn't take the queen sized mattress. Kicker: called Waco waste department. NICE lady answers and says, "hey, no problem, we'll be out there in the next hour or two to pick it up!"

Me (ecstatic, wanting to push the envelope) "hey, do you think they'd mind coming into the house and taking it outside?"

Lady (still very nice) "no, I'm sorry, due to covid, they can't do that."

Oh, well. Multiple thumbs up to Waco trash department. We went and had lunch and by the time we got back to the house, the mattress and box springs were gone. Moving it out to the curb was a very minor inconvenience. I wish my city's trash department was 10 percent that efficient. Heck, I'd settle for them answering the phone!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.