Orthopaedic surgeon recommendation

2,309 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mazzag
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Please, specializing in sports medicine in Temple/Belton/Killeen metroplex. I have gotten one already, Robert Reeve. But more would be nice in case he's not in my network.
c-jags
Are you opposed to S&W? And what area? Knee, hip, foot, etc?
mazzag
AG
Tibia break. And no I'm not opposed to S&W. I know they have some good surgeons.
whitey2002
AG
Where's the break?

At Metroplex I'd see trey hansen.

At harker heights I'd see Kevin caperton
mazzag
AG
A few inches above the ankle. When you say harker Heights, you mean seaton?
whitey2002
AG
Yes.

Both of those guys are sports medicine trained and young.

Also, i sell them their plates and screws so I'll see you in surgery!
mazzag
AG
I appreciate your recs and enthusiasm, but it won't be me you'll see. It'll be my daughter. She plays soccer. And that's how she broke the bone. I've been told it looks like a closed displaced tibia fracture. Screws and plates may be in our future.
whitey2002
AG
Btw, why are you asking for a sports medicine trained surgeon if it's a fracture?

Both Kevin and trey do plenty of fractures so i would definitely trust them. Kevin has treated my wife for her broken metatarsal as well as me for my shoulder. He's at Little River (old kings daughters)

Reeve is a good guy. Does a lot of sports medicine. But if it's a fracture, he'll probably refer you to mike Brennan or Dan Stahl. They're both the ortho trauma trained guys at SW and handle all the fractures for SW
whitey2002
AG
Ah Kevin or Trey would be great.

If your at SW, then you'll see Chris Souder. He's the pediatric ortho. He's great. Treated my daughter when she broke her toe
whitey2002
AG
Btw sorry about your daughter. Thankfully lots of good surgeon options around here.
mazzag
AG
Thank you. And I'm conflicted on a pediatric surgeon. She's 14 so kinda in between. Years ago she broke her big toe and our PCP referred us to a pediatric ortho at children's s&w. $500 later the guy replaced the gauze between her toes and said the sandal we got from our PCP was the way to go. I wasn't impressed and don't remember his name. He was too old to be a resident. So my opinion of children's isn't very high. Reeves was a rec from a friend, who's a NP and he's done her daughter's foot surgeries from bones growing weirdly. I have another friend that's a surgical recovery nurse at s&w. I'll probably check with her as well. This is nerve wracking, especially if surgery is involved.
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
Reeve did reconstruction of my husband's knee in 2001...did an excellent job in both operations

Probe worked on my daughter's broken foot in 2001...we were seen in Waco ER but with SWHP they got her to see on call the next morning who was Ric Schultz I think was his name and he said Probe was the go to for foot and ankles.

Hamilton worked on my brother in law's knees and was excellent.

A couple who have retired or died, saw my son when he was little
mazzag
AG
My NP friend that recommended Reeve said Brennan is the trauma fracture master. She was thinking sports medicine angle since this happened during a school soccer game. We'll see whenI call ortho this morning.
mazzag
AG
Update: no surgery needed! Brennan did the full cast. X-rays in a week, then should be good to go with the casts. FWIW, BISD has secondary insurance for athletes injured during school sports. I had no idea... this is technically our second school sports related injury. The ISD emailed me early Monday morning with the information.
I'm just relieved and anxious for a long recovery.

Edit to add: I'm sure all ISD's have this.
c-jags
Glad to hear that!

Speedy recovery to your daughter.
mazzag
AG
c-jags said:

Glad to hear that!

Speedy recovery to your daughter.

Thank you!
whitey2002
AG
Glad to hear it. I'll miss out on the commission check but non-operative treatment should always be the first option. And I'd trust Brennan to work on anyone i knew and loved.
mazzag
AG
I'm guessing since your clients focus on the west side of Bell County, you'll have plenty of commissions headed you're way...
I know, I'm being ugly but good grief there's something every day over there. Crime, wrecks, etc...

Edit to add, thank you. And dr Brennan comes across as an old hippie. Seen it, done it. Very good repport.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.