Pool builder recommendations (Belton)

1,764 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by COSCAG67
stallion6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would appreciate any recommendations or experiences with Central Texas new pool construction. Wanting to build a pool/hot tub with new home. Thanks for any feedback.
mazzag
AG
I've heard good things about Blue Crest. Aggie owned. Also Ramirez and of course ocean quest. Friends had a pool built and really wanted OQ to do it, but they were 6 months out, that's something to consider. There's a couple of good ones out of waco/Lorena area, but I can't think of the names.
stallion6
AG
Thanks for the feedback and appreciate a couple of names I was not aware of. I will definitely check him out.
mazzag
AG
I believe his name is Roy Potts. Nice guy. Recommended a skid steer repairman to me a couple of years ago. Life saver. He'll do salt water, the others won't.
ag0207
AG
Chris Perry of central Texas pool & patio did ours & we are very pleased.
mazzag
AG
ag0207 said:

Chris Perry of central Texas pool & patio did ours & we are very pleased.

Slow pays subs. Be weary.
COSCAG67
AG
Mazzag, you seem to be very familiar with business owners in the area... Any thoughts on Briggman Construction?
mazzag
AG
COSCAG08. said:

Mazzag, you seem to be very familiar with business owners in the area... Any thoughts on Briggman Construction?

None. I haven't heard of them. Temple/Belton area? There's a lot of outliers in Salado and Killeen I've never heard of. When the housing market crashed a lot of DFW contractors came south. Our economy didn't have as devastating effects as it did up there, but enough of an effect for us to say, "we're done" so I'm not familiar with new names. I googled the name on corporationwiki and nothing came up. A lot of subs have decided "I can do this on my own" and I'm sure they can and do. Folks leave ocean quest pools all the time with this mentality. It rarely works out long term.

Edit to add-I have friends that were in the septic business, then opened a porta potty business, sold that and now are in the pool building business, while all along, still own a septic pumping business. How one leads to another I'll never figure out, but hey they have holes in the ground and water in common...
COSCAG67
AG
He's a home builder and he says he has been here forever. He is currently building a home between temple and rogers so I suppose he's from that area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.