Signal light timing on 31st

902 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 3rd Generation Ag
bigtruckguy3500
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, I'm getting ready to move out of Temple. But, I thought if any of y'all have any connections with the city, someone should propose that they work on synchronizing the lights on 31st and elsewhere in town. When I lived in Houston I remember a very noticeable difference once they did this. And with the new light by Scott and White, I feel like I hit every red heading north.

Here's an article about it being done in Houston - http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Traffic-light-timing-keeps-congestion-in-sync-4551668.php
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Temple uses lights to slow the traffic, I am convinced. Therefore they want you to stop at every light. It does not bother me because I avoid 31st now that almost anything you want is either at the Target center, west Adams, or in Belton. But even if you suggested they set the lights so you can keep driving, I don't think the city really wants that
c-jags
after we moved to North Temple we took 31st to everything south Temple. We finally figured out they're purposefully slowing down traffic by not syncing the lights. started taking 35 to the loop for everything. kinda hate it now because of northbound 35 not being able to get on till central/adams.

thus i've started taking 31st again.

sometimes it's frustrating, but then i go drive in Austin, Houston, or Dallas and remember how good we have it.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
try taking the look the other direction. Right now construction is not hampering traffic in to town that way. It is quick. I used to go to my bible study group in north Temple that way if coming in from Rogers because it was quicker than any other way.
templeton
3rd Generation Ag said:

I avoid 31st now that almost anything you want is either at the Target center, west Adams, or in Belton.

avoiding 31st in favor of west adams? haha please do!
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I live on west Adams. So it is no trip for me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.