Congratulations Temple Wildcats!!!

2,671 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 3rd Generation Ag
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last 3 opponents were a combined 39-0

On to State vs. Highland Park on Saturday at Noon, AT&T Stadium in Arlington

Go Cats!
Matsui
mazzag
AG
I hope they win state then get their **** together and absorb their west temple residents into their ISD. Is that too much to ask? Go back to the way it was when folks preferred their kids go there!
Astrobo
AG
That ship sailed about 35 years ago. Not going to happen.
Cowboy1990
Captain Pablo said:

Last 3 opponents were a combined 39-0

On to State vs. Highland Park on Saturday at Noon, AT&T Stadium in Arlington

Go Cats!
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

I hope they win state then get their **** together and absorb their west temple residents into their ISD. Is that too much to ask? Go back to the way it was when folks preferred their kids go there!

What are you talking about?

The land that is now "West Temple" has always been Belton ISD

It was Belton ISD decades before is was "West Temple"
Captain Pablo
AG
Temple ISD would LOVE to undo the decision, born of laziness, made 60 years ago to cede land to Belton ISD because the braintrust at Temple was too lazy or too stupid to send buses 10 friggin' miles from campus to pick up kids in East Bell County

And Belton will give up that taxing authority when you pry it from their cold, dead hands

Temple ISD doesn't have the authority to simply "absorb" West Temple into its ISD
3rd Generation Ag
AG
For many years, back when I was a child, Temple schools matched the Temple city limits. Other districts took up the rest of the county. The city limits grew, but the school districts were already set.
Reno Hightower
A big thank you from Rogers ISD for ceding East Bell to us.
c-jags
This was all way before my time, but I was here when 2305 was a few houses and Pirtle and LBMS were schools in the middle of the country. It boggles my mind that they let BISD get all that land and property taxes.

I don't think Temple needs to worry about getting more kids. They need to worry about helping the kids from East Temple get out of the sinkhole that it is. Unfortunately, from a governmental standpoint all they can do is give them free stuff or get them through school.

There are good people that are putting a lot of time , money, and ministry into that area. That's where there will be a change.
mazzag
AG
I know all this. I just get bitter about sometimes.
mazzag
AG
Reno Hightower said:

A big thank you from Rogers ISD for ceding East Bell to us.

This is so strange to me. My stepbrother went to rogers and he was closer to temple schools. I think the road is split between academy isd and Roger's.
Captain Pablo
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

For many years, back when I was a child, Temple schools matched the Temple city limits. Other districts took up the rest of the county. The city limits grew, but the school districts were already set.

That is correct. When the school district boundaries are drawn, Temple was very short-sighted, and chose to only cover roughly area within the city limits as they existed at the time

They did not have the foresight to see future growth and annexation

It was a horrible decision, and pretty much set in stone temple ISD's eventual stagnation
Run N Shoot
AG
I thought I was heading to the game but it looks like I will be at a youth basketball tournament again. Still very exciting and I will have the DVR set up to watch the Cats! Let's finish this!
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I went to three different school districts growing up.

Rogers, Temple, and Borden County. Two of the three are in the state finals. Pretty good. One has won and now hope the other brings home a championship also.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.