Hugh shine attacked a molly white worker

6,445 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by c-jags
The Debt
How long do you want to ignore this user?

http://acahnman.blogspot.com/2016/02/molly-whites-opponent-attacks-her.html?m=1
BohunkAg
AG
I don't know my Bell County politics but both of these sides seem like they could stand down a bit.
BohunkAg
AG
Oh and this is a pretty one sided report. There was a much more impartial report on Kwtx tonight. Dude wasn't even touched or hurt.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Like I said on another thread, as a teacher in public schools, Shine is by far the better candidate. However, this does bother me a ton.
Captain Pablo
AG
Ugly race going down in east bell county
mazzag
AG
He hardly tapped the windshield. And white's campaign has been calling voters and telling lies about shine. The idiot campaign manager wants to press charges-whatever. Shine is not in my district but I'd gladly vote for him. Besides, molly has a brother that's a registered sex offender. She ought to not smear other folks in this and stand behind what she's done in the Texas house...
mazzag
AG
http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Assault-allegations-fly-in-local-statehouse-raceAssault-allegations-fly-in-local-statehouse-race-370296981.html

The guy was not assaulted.
c-jags
Shine's a nice dude who wouldn't hurt a fly.

Molly's been spreading crap the last 2 months. Don't blame the dude at all for "tapping on the glass"

I don't advocate for a candidate at all on this board but Molly White is an embarrassment to Bell County. I'll actively advocate against her. Her stunt with "Muslim day" last year made me embarrassed to have voted for her last time.
TshirtVulture
"Muslim day" ?!?!? Can you elaborate?
c-jags
https://m.facebook.com/TexansforMolly/posts/1610704432493165

I don't say that as somebody who sympathizes with the Muslim religion, but somebody who doesn't like antagonizing for the sake of it.
mel99
AG
quote:
Shine's a nice dude who wouldn't hurt a fly.

Molly's been spreading crap the last 2 months. Don't blame the dude at all for "tapping on the glass"

I don't advocate for a candidate at all on this board but Molly White is an embarrassment to Bell County. I'll actively advocate against her. Her stunt with "Muslim day" last year made me embarrassed to have voted for her last time.

I agree 100%.
mazzag
AG
quote:
https://m.facebook.com/TexansforMolly/posts/1610704432493165

I don't say that as somebody who sympathizes with the Muslim religion, but somebody who doesn't like antagonizing for the sake of it.

Wow. This is the first time I've read this. The comments! I especially liked the one saying the majority of her constituents are probably kkk.
I have a tu friend, from Belton, that lives in Austin and works for the university. He can't stand her. I keep wanting to ask him why he cares, he doesn't even live in her district?
BohunkAg
AG
I know Texas monthly sucks and all, but this is an interesting read.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/list/the-best-and-worst-legislators-2015/the-worst-representative-molly-white/
c-jags
Well... today's the day.

Outside of Shine/White and the presidential election, any exciting local races?

Waconians, isn't Flores' seat pretty contested?
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Well... today's the day.

Sheriff, 426th, commissioner is about it

Meh
c-jags
quote:

Sheriff, 426th, commissioner is about it

forgot about commissioner. both pretty good guys.
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
Well... today's the day.

Flores won't get beat by Ralph Patterson. I don't think anyone really likes Patterson. He's p-ssed off a lot of people within his own party. Tried to screw over a lot of the long time JPs. One of whom is a buddy of mine. I think he's pretty safe. Flores seems to have done a pretty good job.
mazzag
AG
I early voted. I'm in HD54 and had no idea that Aycock wasn't running again. So I voted for Cobb, I have no idea why other than he's wearing an A&M cap in his mailers. Churchill for sherif and I can't remember for county commissioner. I'm reading the Belton Journal right now and there's a half page ad from Shine against white for something he mailed out about the expo center & hotel tax.
c-jags
quote:
I early voted. I'm in HD54 and had no idea that Aycock wasn't running again. So I voted for Cobb, I have no idea why other than he's wearing an A&M cap in his mailers. Churchill for sherif and I can't remember for county commissioner. I'm reading the Belton Journal right now and there's a half page ad from Shine against white for something he mailed out about the expo center & hotel tax.
yeah, i voted for cobb as well.

i felt like every single candidate was the one who was going to build an abortion and put an end to the wall in Texas. it's all they ran on and it was stupid.

if one candidate has said "i'm going to put the feet of TxDoT to the fire for screwing up i35 in Temple and get that project done for you" i'd have openly campaigned for them every day of my life. But nope... we're relegated to babies and walls*.

*not making light of either issue at all. they're important, but it's the only things anybody from any state race talked about.
Zamacuco
Just had the pleasure of meeting Molly white. Lady seems bat**** crazy. Politicians are a strange brand. Ego$$$.
Tube
quote:
quote:
yeah, i voted for cobb as well.

i felt like every single candidate was the one who was going to build an abortion and put an end to the wall in Texas. it's all they ran on and it was stupid.

if one candidate has said "i'm going to put the feet of TxDoT to the fire for screwing up i35 in Temple and get that project done for you" i'd have openly campaigned for them every day of my life. But nope... we're relegated to babies and walls*.

*not making light of either issue at all. they're important, but it's the only things anybody from any state race talked about.

What is the txdot screw up?
mazzag
AG
I'm guessing since he lives in temple on the north side, he's upset about access to 35 since they took out the Adams/Central bridge that had an easier on ramp. If anyone should be upset, it's salado but that's because it's 2 years behind and I don't think it's txdot's fault.
c-jags
It's more than just living on northside, but i guess tha is part of my problem. There was one point where they closed off every entry to 35 for me. I can normally get to 35 in 3 minutes with industrial, maybe 8 if I took Adams. During that 2 months it was 10 -15 minutes no matter what I did. Getting to Target is a crapshoot every time. If I'm going North, I can't get on 35 till the loop unless I go the opposite way and backtrack 3 miles.

Salado does have the biggest gripe by far. I don't know if they'll ever recover from this.

I don't hold TXDoT responsible for the delays, that's on James Construction. But I hold them responsible for screwing up so much of the stretch for so long and doing nothing to hold James Construction accountable. James gets no less of our tax dollars (probably more, to be honest) for finishing late
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Why did they close industrial and is it forever? It was my best route to my church Small Group.
mazzag
AG
Actually they do get less money. They are penalized thousands every day in salado and no more rain day credits. I also think 317 was taken away from them and given to another contractor.
c-jags
Not to be argumentative, but I don't think that's true.

I say that from my previous job in government working with contractors and from somebody from TXDoT that said James has no incentive to finish on time.

I of course could be wrong.
mazzag
AG
They are paying penalties for being late in salado, as well as other jobs in Texas.
BohunkAg
AG
So Molly White lost?

https://enrpages.sos.state.tx.us/public/mar01_273_race47.htm
mel99
AG
That's crazy tight.
Captain Pablo
AG
There will be a recount

Looks like the weekend incident did hurt Shine, but not enough to lose the election
mazzag
AG
I just read on kcen's Facebook page that several bell county precincts ran out of paper ballots so they stayed open late until they could get more in but some voters got frustrated and left. The drama!
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
I just read on kcen's Facebook page that several bell county precincts ran out of paper ballots so they stayed open late until they could get more in but some voters got frustrated and left. The drama!

Yes, some precincts did run out of ballots. Mostly in the Democratic primary. Which is weird, because very few people even voted in the Democratic primary
c-jags
quote:
Yes, some precincts did run out of ballots. Mostly in the Democratic primary. Which is weird, because very few people even voted in the Democratic primary
i believe they ran out in Killeen mainly. Which has a lot more democratic voters than Temple, Waco, or Belton
Tube
quote:
Why did they close industrial and is it forever? It was my best route to my church Small Group.

It is not forever.
3rd Generation Ag
AG

Good to know. There seemed to be no reason to close it at all.

I am afraid I miss small group way too often now that it is closed. There is simply no good way to get there fro where I live. I have to get on I 35, which is horrible given the state of the construction where 2305 comes into it, or take the loop all the way around to the oeneville (sp) road and work my way back to upshaw, or go all the way downtown and take 3rd all the way north. All of the options take forever from my home on 2305. We meet at five thirty. I used to go west on 3205, turn at the Cefco that is old waco road, go north to INdustrial, take industrial all the way past third and then get to Upshaw. Little to no traffic and there in a few minutes. Now it is so bad I talk myself out of going. Home is not quite as bad as I can go north on the access road and get on the loop at Buckies.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.