Cameron Yoe

5,552 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by localag88
I Believe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rockdale DOMINATED the Cameron Yoe last night...

What was that all about?

I know there are some Yoemen Fans around here...

I thought ya'll owned The Bell...

The Yoe just Flat Out Got Worked...
kjaneway
AG
Cameron lost a ton of kids to graduation last year.

I think they were grateful to have won as many as they did.

So, before you do the victory dance, realize how down they are. Kind of takes the thrill off that victory, doesn't it?
I Believe
JanAg, Tradition Never Graduates...

By the way, I was talking to an ole Cameron buddy of mine, who has been following the Yoe since the early 70's, and he said he has never seen a more Poorly Prepared and Outplayed Yoe "Battle of the Bell" Team than he had against Rockdale Friday...
Nise03
AG
I haven't been to a game in a few years, so I don't know about how our boys are doing. But I do remember from the past that the Battle of the Bell is one game in which stats and whatnot go out the window. Many times it all depends on where both teams are mentally. Unprepared? Possibly. Maybe our boys went in cocky. Maybe Rockdale just wanted it more. I have no idea, but the game played out as it did and Rockdale took the win.

I remember losing the bell when I was in HS, and it stings... I was surprised and shocked by the points spread, so you KNOW they'll be chewing on it for the next year. Heck, all of Cameron will be chewing on it.
Just Tired
quote:
I thought ya'll owned The Bell...
nah, just seems like it since it spends so much time on that side of little river.
Cowboy1990
All I can say is WOW, what a great traidition Cameron and Rockdale have. I only wish that my high school growing up would have had a rival that we played that had as much meaning as the "Battle of the Bell"

Congrats to Rockdale on capturing the Bell for this year. I hope they display it as appropriately as CHS does in the foyer of their gym. I think the last time I saw it it was all painted maroon. When Rockdale captures it, do they repaint it in Tiger Blue and Gold???

What an ultimate trophy!
kjaneway
AG
I like you a lot, Crusaders, so don't be offended, but it's "YHS". It's Cameron Yoe HIgh School. Don't make me explain. Ok, I will in a quick nutshell:

It's about a dead man giving money (before he died, of course), an old three story building (where I went to school), and a day in May when we all go to his grave.

It's weird, but "from the outside..."...you get the picture.
Nise03
AG
quote:
I think the last time I saw it it was all painted maroon. When Rockdale captures it, do they repaint it in Tiger Blue and Gold???

Yes, I'm sure they will. Heck, it probably is ALREADY blue and gold.

It has gone through times, though, in which it was painted half maroon and grey, half blue and gold. I always liked it best that way, myself. I remember seeing pictures of it from my dad's yearbooks painted that way, then it went through a period of time painted the exact same way when I was at Yoe High. It gave me a little extra pride seeing that. But I'm a sentimental fool, so there you go. haha
12thManNo11
It stays Maroon more than Blue and gold. There have been kids that have gone their entire school career over at Rockdale and NEVER saw the Bell on their campus except when the Yoemen brought it to town.
Too bad I was looking for a Cameron vs China Spring matchup. Oh well Rockdale will work for me too. To me they are in the same realm as Robinson.
Cowboy1990
Jan,

Not offended at all. I think I vaguely remember hearing some of that before, but obviously it had slipped out of this old steal trap ;-)

Nise,
Thanks for the info on the paint job.

Again, what a great tradition!
kjaneway
AG
After talking to my mom this morning, she told me the overall record.

It was gaudily on the side of Cameron...as in, not even close to being even.

So yeah, it spends much of it's time painted Maroon and Gray.
JMH
AG
Yeah the all-time record is comprable to another big time Texas rivalry we are all very familiar with. When I was there, 93-97, it was competitive, but since we took it back in '96 its only crossed the river twice counting last Friday. I think YHS got complacent and Rockdale has had zero talent for the last 10 years. My pops informed me some hot shot RB was getting around the corners on us all night. Oh well, we'll start another run next year!
BTW, I am a proud member of the bell brigade who rolled that bad boy onto Kyle Field(barely) in '96 and cut a "U"ey on University in front of the Chicken!
redline248
AG
JMH is telling lies again. what he meant to say was our principal almost suspended him from school for driving that bell out to the 50 yard line of Yoe Field
kjaneway
jdf00
i have a 1995 battle of the bell t-shirt that i still wear from time to time.....i was class of 96..go yoe.

As for JMH and Redline, hows it going? Redline- congrats on the wedding. JMH congrats on the new addition. Hope all is well with you guys.

JDF
JMH
AG
Dang dude, how are you still a rookie?! Do you just lurk or what? Things are good here. Have you reached double digits in degree's yet brainiac? Saw your mom back in September, I told her to tell you what's up.
And yes, redline also speaks the truth. Good times.
aggiebychoice_03
JMH,
So that was you? I heard about that. You almost felt the wrath of Mr. Flinn, huh? Don't worry, I've felt that wrath a lot in my life. Ha ha ha. Still do sometimes.

When did the "Yoemen" become the "Yoe"? That is such a pet peeve of mine. It's Yoe High School, hom e of the Yoemen, not the Yoe.
jdf00
almost felt the wrath of Flinn....weak!!!

Did any one here ever actually have Mrs. Flinn for Spanish?....I am considering collecting stories from her tenure and publishing them (not really)...it would be tough to convince an editor that it was nonfiction....good times!

[This message has been edited by jdf00 (edited 11/8/2007 9:49a).]
jdf00
JMH
i am veteran rookie though....it is a little embarrassing, i just don't post much...i got nothing to say normally......fire fran? Anywho, yeah, i finished up about a year ago, finally done. feels great. Atlanta is nice....but i am moving back to Houston in January. I can't wait for some real BBQ and mexican food......Tell K i said hello. See yall soon hopefully!
JMH
AG
You mean "the" ATL?! Huh.
Spanish I Senora Flinn con las senoritas
Spanish II Senora Hinney con el redline
I've got a few chapters for your book J. Nothing like your material though! That is legendary.

We so hijacked this thread.
kjaneway
AG
Mrs. Flynn?

Mr. Flynn?

You're so young.

Don't you mean Mr. Chubb and Mrs. Titsworth? (principal and Spanish teacher).
12thManNo11
Who is Flinn?

Ms. Rossen
Mrs. Bartley and JERRY! Mrs. Green,
Mrs. Miller
Coach Poole.
Mrs. Marek
Mrs Edmonds
Vernon
JEAN
FRED
KRULOCK
Pucket-- She is STILL there!
My Favorite------ MRS. BOUTWELL!

AHH those were the days.
kjaneway
AG
I thought Ms. Rossen was one of the best English teachers I've ever seen.

Not everyone agrees. She was weird and old-maidish, but man, she could teach sentence diagramming.
12thManNo11
Yes, I use diagraming so much today.
She was an old maid. But she loved her Cowboys. She always had the "happy" look to her after the Cowboys came and played basketball at the Gym. Jay Saldi gave her a kiss one time and she was literally about to melt right there.
Saw Paul Hoelshere(Coach) about two weeks ago in the Cracker Barrell in Waco. He was going home from his 50 High School Reunion in Cameron. I didn't know that he was an Alum.
kjaneway
AG
Uh, if you don't understand that diagramming is the basis for being able to write a sentence that appears halfway intelligent, then I cannot help you.
kjaneway
AG
BTW, poor Cameron took it on the chin against Liberty Hill tonight.

You have massive rebuilding years like this, especially with a Soph. QB.
BQ1981
AG
It's better to rebuild than just sit there like we do at Taylor for 3 years. This coach has to go. We are terrible and the football program has declined each year he has been here.
kjaneway
AG
Who is the coach at Taylor?
BQ1981
AG
Coach Cobia from Caldwell. This guy's game plan seems to be run the clock as fast as you can so we can get out of here. There is no discipline in the way they play. No passing worth a damn and it does not matter who or what class a QB is from.

A good coach can make a team competitive even in a rebuilding year or 2. I am not talking about wins and losses. I'm talking about executing and being ready. This guy is terrible.
kjaneway
AG
Well, there's your problem, right there.

The guy's from Caldwell.

Sorry to hear that, though. Taylor's history deserves better.
12thManNo11
I cannot remember the last time Taylor beat Cameron. I know it has to be at least before JanAg's time.

See, I can write complete sentences. All that diagraming must have worked.
JMH
AG
I thought this thread was already hijacked? Anyways, sad to hear about another loss. Guess that is it for this year.
Flinn was our crazy lovable coke bottle glass wearing sip principal. I learned to love him. In other news I missed my ten year to see the Ags go down in Columbia. I do not regret my decision.
bluehenag
AG
Hey JMH......I missed my 10 year to watch my son be born.....I think I chose wisely

BJL
Just Tired
nm
c-jags
That's a bump. I didn't even live in CenTex the last time this thread was posted in.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.