Corpus - four questions

4,502 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wolfpack759
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. Favorite seafood place in Corpus?
2. Favorite seafood place in Port A?
3. Best of the craft breweries in Corpus?
4. Is it legal to build a campfire on any of the Padre beaches?

Thanks
Poke_the_Bear
AG
1. DOCS
2. Roosevelts
3. N/A
4. I think it is but dont know
Potcake
AG
1. Costa Sur Wok & Ceviche (technically on the island but just over the causeway)
2. Shells
3. ?
4. ?
milner79
Thanks for these recommendations. Will definitely give them a try.

Back in the day, Dewey Pollard's Black Diamond Oyster Bar was a good little place to get seafood. Is that still the case?
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Black Diamond Oyster Bar is almost always crowded. Excellent food that is hard to beat, and prices are reasonable. It's a very popular place.

Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
AnScAggie
AG
In Port A don't skip over Venetian Hotplate for seafood. They have some great seafood appetizers and main dishes.
mike_ags_fan12
milner79 said:

1. Favorite seafood place in Corpus? Toss up between Water Street and Railroad Seafood
2. Favorite seafood place in Port A? Grumbles
3. Best of the craft breweries in Corpus? Nueces brewery and Rebeltoad
Not sure..
Thanks
mazzag
AG
milner79 said:

1. Favorite seafood place in Corpus?
2. Favorite seafood place in Port A?
3. Best of the craft breweries in Corpus?

Thanks

http://www.waterstmarketcc.com/
It's not on the island but it's good. So is Yardarm. And the ceviche bar on the island is good.

I don't like port a.

I don't like craft beer.

Yes. You can build a camp fire on the beach. I do not know about SPI.
CactusThomas
AG
1. Water Street, Blue Clove, Yardarm
2. Lisa Bella's (close enough)
3. Rebel Toad. Not a huge fan of Nueces or Lazy Beach, they're ok. I actually like B&J's Brewpub a lot, its a pizza joint.
4. Yeah
George08
AG
I like the railroad seafood and brewery. One in odem and another near down town CC.
harrierdoc
AG
Ship ahoy was the bomb
Ag with kids
AG
Potcake said:

1. Costa Sur Wok & Ceviche (technically on the island but just over the causeway)
2. Shells
3. ?
4. ?
Unfortunately, the Island is part of CC...

1) Angry Marlin on the island is really good.
2) Not sure anymore since a number of places have gone away (bye, Giggitys)
3) Lorelei (because I don't have to go past the Bluff)
4) Building fires on the beach is perfectly OK. We do bonfires all the time.
BO297
1. Bluffs lookout. Old bluffs landing just reopened
2. Too many to choose from in PA. So many good ones. Explore around. Phoenix is a favorite
3. ?
4. Yes
milner79
Report: Despite Saturday's cold weather and sandblast-level wind on the island, we had a fun weekend in Corpus, thanks in part to the recommendations here.

Entertainment: Mike and the Moonpies at Brewster Street was the driving force behind our trip.
Dining: We enjoyed Water Street, Doc's, and Blue Clove. (I especially liked Blue Cove's mahi mahi.) Never made it out to Port A.
Craft beers: Railroad, Lorelei and Rebel Toad. Rebel Toad's Angry Man porter took the prize for me.
Beach fires: Didn't happen. Too windy.

Thanks again.
YouBet
AG
milner79 said:

Report: Despite Saturday's cold weather and sandblast-level wind on the island, we had a fun weekend in Corpus, thanks in part to the recommendations here.

Entertainment: Mike and the Moonpies at Brewster Street was the driving force behind our trip.
Dining: We enjoyed Water Street, Doc's, and Blue Clove. (I especially liked Blue Cove's mahi mahi.) Never made it out to Port A.
Craft beers: Railroad, Lorelei and Rebel Toad. Rebel Toad's Angry Man porter took the prize for me.

Thanks again.
I was going to add that this is the case almost 100% of the time there but I didn't think it would be appreciated.
Ag with kids
AG
YouBet said:

milner79 said:

Thanks again.
I was going to add that this is the case almost 100% of the time there but I didn't think it would be appreciated.
This is SOOOO true...

I work on drone research and the wind is one of our biggest issues here...

We often do a lot of flying EARLY before the wind picks up...

But...that day he was referring to was EXTRA windy - at least 35 mph steady winds. It blew my trashcan over twice. It was bad.
harrierdoc
AG
It is the windiest coastal city in the USA. That's why they started holding the sail surfing competitions there back in the 80's
Aggie87
AG
milner79 said:

Thanks for these recommendations. Will definitely give them a try.

Back in the day, Dewey Pollard's Black Diamond Oyster Bar was a good little place to get seafood. Is that still the case?

Just saw this - be aware that Black Diamond is no longer at the old location you're probably thinking of. It closed for a good while, and then reopened maybe 5 years ago on NAS Drive, near the base.

Food's still good.
wolfpack759
AG
1. Not necessarily a seafood place, but Dokyo Dauntaun was great tonight. Dokyo Bridge had nigiri and two sushi rolls. Kind of an eccentric atmosphere but nice vibe and good food.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.