Key Allegro Condos in Rockport

3,836 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone happen to know what's being done with the Key Allegro Condos in Rockport? There is a new sign in the old Stripes parking lot that new homes are going up. I assume they are going to knock down the KA Condos and start over but that seems odd since they spent the last 2 years getting those back open.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Live in Rockport but dunno. Have some friends in the KA Condos and will ask them, may not be back to you in a timely manner, however.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
YouBet
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Live in Rockport but dunno. Have some friends in the KA Condos and will ask them, may not be back to you in a timely manner, however.
No rush. Just curious.
drmwvr
AG
I've seen that sign as well. Doesn't it have a number for information? I'll be down tomorrow and will call to see what's up. I'm curious as well.
drmwvr
AG
Just called the number on the sign. The guy I spoke to owns the old Stripes site (and is a neighbor of mine in KA, small world!) and is developing three resi condos over retail on that site. Plans to issue layouts, elevations, etc. soon.

YouBet
AG
drmwvr said:

Just called the number on the sign. The guy I spoke to owns the old Stripes site (and is a neighbor of mine in KA, small world!) and is developing three resi condos over retail on that site. Plans to issue layouts, elevations, etc. soon.

Ah, so it's just on that small site. That will be a cramped little pad.
drmwvr
AG
That's my understanding- all on the old Stripes site. Three conditioned stories, first floor will be retail then two stories of resi above with a rooftop terrace for each unit. Views should be good
YouBet
AG
drmwvr said:

That's my understanding- all on the old Stripes site. Three conditioned stories, first floor will be retail then two stories of resi above with a rooftop terrace for each unit. Views should be good
That they will be.

I really wanted to buy that pad for myself at one point, but they wanted $1M for it when I checked on it.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I still can't believe that there isn't a marina in that area.
YouBet
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

I still can't believe that there isn't a marina in that area.
There was one in Key Allegro, but Harvey destroyed it.
ATX_AG_08
AG
I heard the owner is trying to sell the marina, but has a ridiculously high asking price.
htx97
AG
Correct...and he also wants a piece of all the sales from any restaurant that goes in as well. Basically unworkable terms.
YouBet
AG
htx97 said:

Correct...and he also wants a piece of all the sales from any restaurant that goes in as well. Basically unworkable terms.
That's ballsy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.