Beaches Closing Again? (Port A)

2,839 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ag with kids
discobrob
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw an article floating around saying they're closing the beaches again. Is that "closed to vehicles" or "closed to everything"? We have a rental in Port A next week and we're about to lose some money.
Bobaloo
Just read that Corpus is closing. Not sure if it impacts PA. We are heading down on Sunday.
lazuras_dc
AG
Beaches are closed to vehicle traffic until aug1
Curfew 830pm-6am
So if you're living in a spot that has a bOardwalk to the beach or within walking distance you should be good.
lazuras_dc
AG
Bet it's Nueces county. Not just corpus. So affects port a

https://www.portasouthjetty.com/articles/beaches-to-close-to-vehicular-access-for-more-than-two-weeks/
discobrob
AG
The order says no sitting on the beach. Does that mean I shouldn't take my family down there next week? We've got a rental and it would be awful if we can't hang at the beach.
lazuras_dc
AG
Damn I think you're right.
Quote:

Some of the prohibited activities at area beaches include social gathering, lying down, camping, sitting, tents and chairs.

https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/2020/07/15/texas-covid-19-vehicle-access-restricted-nueces-county-beaches-through-july/5445793002/
bucky91
AG
I don't see anything specific to Port Aransas concerning chairs and tents and beach activity. You may not be able to drive on the beach, but I wonder if you can set up a tent and chairs in porte? The article above does not list access 1A on the restricted list. We are supposed to be heading down today, so if anyone has any information I would appreciate it.
discobrob
AG
If you read the actual order from nueces county it appears the no sitting only applies to city of corpus beaches. There are two different orders. City and county. Am i reading this right? Live got three little kids who will be super disappointed if we drive all the way down there and there's no playing on the beach. https://www.nuecesco.com/Home/Components/News/News/1251/1169
Bobaloo

Quote:

Some of the prohibited activities at North Beach and McGee Beach include social gathering, lying down, camping, sitting, tents and chairs.

We'll be in PA. Hopefully, they won't expand the order. This whole thing totally sucks. About 8 families were heading down to PA. Five have already cancelled.
Tom Turbiville
THE PORT ARANSAS BEACES ARE NOT CLOSED!!!! They are closed to Vehicles until Aug. 1 but cars or golf carts with Handicap Placards are allowed. The no sitting rule applied to Corpus beaches only.
Brush Country Ag
AG
Rock port beach closes tomorrow.
lazuras_dc
AG
Tom Turbiville said:

THE PORT ARANSAS BEACES ARE NOT CLOSED!!!! They are closed to Vehicles until Aug. 1 but cars or golf carts with Handicap Placards are allowed. The no sitting rule applied to Corpus beaches only.

You're right. My bad. Didn't read my own link correctly
Bobaloo
Arrived in Port A yesterday. DEAD BODIES EVERYWHERE! HUMAN CARNAGE! Been coming since 2001. Beaches are in perfect shape. Tents are out, folks are enjoying perfect weather. Gonna be a great week!
discobrob
AG
Got back from our port a vacation yesterday. A little annoying having to park and walk but had a fantastic time at the beach. The kids had a blast. I'm guessing the beaches are a little less fun today though.
lazuras_dc
AG
discobrob said:

Got back from our port a vacation yesterday. A little annoying having to park and walk but had a fantastic time at the beach. The kids had a blast. I'm guessing the beaches are a little less fun today though.

The end of Bob Hall pier destroyed. Guess it depends on your definition of fun
Potcake
AG
We've been watching Weather Channel all day. WTF did the County/Cities not move portapots, trash bins, picnic tables, etc. from beaches? This wasn't a surprise.
Ag with kids
AG
lazuras_dc said:

discobrob said:

The end of Bob Hall pier destroyed. Guess it depends on your definition of fun
Well, Bob Hall Pier is on N Padre Island and about 20 min south of Port A.

But, it did suck about Bob Hall. It may end up being a total loss. The ramp is also messed up bad from the storm surge (Glad I tied my boat up so it didn't float out of the lift).

The funny thing is that it didn't seem that bad at our house on NPI all day as Hanna was making landfall. We hung out on the back porch and even had people swimming. It turned south at the last minute and ended up hitting about 100 mi south of Corpus. But, late in the evening, some of the trailing outer bands started whipping up the winds and next thing we knew we had no power for 18 hrs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.