Galveston vs. Corpus

6,042 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag with kids
AsburyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family and I are considering a trip to the beach this summer and I'm wondering what are the positives/negatives of going to Corpus vs. going to Galveston.

I've been to Galveston plenty of times so I know what I'm getting there. I haven't been to Corpus since I about 3. So, I don't remember anything.

Thanks for the help.

(Cross posted on Travel.)
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
For the actual beach you're gonna want to go to Port Aransas or Mustang Island, not anywhere in Corpus. I'd expect both of those to be a nicer beach than Galveston.
Owlagdad
Port A for that family village feel. Great food, central night life, but lots for kids- go to candy store! Beaches are clean, but have to walk or golf cart there, usually can't see beach because of dunes from where you stay. Our teens loved it.
Last year did quick trip to Pointe west Condos- Galveston- real reasonable For mid September rates. Got beach front and could see ocean from balcony- 200-300 yard walk to beach- nice pool. They have a surf side and bayside complex if you like serenity of bay- that pool has lazy river. Half mile to SAN Luis pass . We ate in gGalveston Going in , then at kind of dive in Jamaica beach that was good. It was ten minutes back to even a 7-11, and a fish market where we got fresh shrimp for grill. Really felt isolated and nice- but was September. Rented through vrbo.There is restaurant and bar at main complex , but we did not go. We now love both places.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Give Bolivar a try. You'll feel like a king.
Owlagdad
Buford T. Justice said:

Give Bolivar a try. You'll feel like a king.

The Redneck Riviera but to their credit they are building back after storm with some nice places.
will.mcg
AG
Technically Mustang Island is the barrier island between Port Aransas & Corpus Christi...........What is referred to as "The Island" is Corpus Christi city limits but the part on, well, the island. Mustang Island/Port Aransas/The Island.......all on the same barrier island & along the same Park Road/Highway.

I'd go Port Aransas over Galveston.
WestGalvestonAggie

Galveston has been really crowded lately. I guess Corpus is probably the same way, but just something to keep in mind if that matters to you.
Fall92
AG
PointeWest is great especially if you are coming from up north or east texas. Much easier to get to than Corpus. That said as a native Corpus Christian head down to Port A but stay on one of the resorts on Mustang Island.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Krazykat
AG
Go to Corpus since it has been so long since your last visit, but Galveston has more to offer for kids and adults alike.
Slamn Sharpe
I vote Galveston. I've gone so many times and have always had a great time. Lots of good places to eat as well
padreislandagfan
As a resident of "The Island" in Corpus Christi, I agree that all tourist should go to Galveston.
Padre Island Ag
AG
I agree 100%! Keep Whitecap beach a hidden gem.
Ag with kids
AG
padreislandagfan said:

As a resident of "The Island" in Corpus Christi, I agree that all tourist should go to Galveston.
I agree.

Except for the ones that stay in my rental condo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.