Galveston -- Anything New?

5,533 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by softballchicrf
whasty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the last 20 years my in-laws have rented a beach house on Galveston for a family reunion. While it's always fun, after 20 years we've kind of running out of stuff to do. I check out Galveston.com before we leave and usually find something new but this time I don't see anything. So, does Galveston have any good new restaurants, bars, museums or interesting places to hang out and kill an afternoon?

Thanks

Silvy
AG
People watching on the Poop Deck is a timeless activity.
AggieDoc2002
AG
Bryan Museum is new and a cool way to kill an afternoon. Lots of new spots on the Strand, especially recommend Hearsay and new Stuggarts tavern (sp?) in the old Fuddruckers spot.
whasty
AG
Thanks for the inputs.

Poop Deck is always interesting, never liked the name

I saw where Stuttgarden has moved to the old Fud's. Will have to give it a try. The old location was just too hot on a summer afternoon, even inside.

Hearsay looks like a place the wife would love. I'm a little scared to let her know it's there

Anyone else?
whasty
AG
Forgot you mentioned the Bryan Museum, it is cool. Been there several times.
Whoop Delecto
AG
Ag81Golf
Tried Red's last week and it was just okay. Hearsay is new and has an interesting menu. Have only been there for cocktails but will have dinner there soon.
rlb28
AG
http://www.gypsyjoynt.com/
whasty
AG
Another year has gone by and we're headed back to the reunion in Galveston. Any new stuff we should do?

Thanks.
Whoop Delecto
AG
dwaynego
AG
I had the worst restaurant experience at Stuggarts. I highly advise against
Potcake
AG
We were working in Galveston earlier this week and went to Trattoria La Vigna for dinner. Food was excellent and giant portions. If they have the blue crab ravioli with shrimp in a creamy sauce, don't even think twice.
softballchicrf
AG
The old Stutt location has Brewchachos (think Torchy's but smaller scale, more beer, and margaritas on tap). Gypsy Joint is great and Maceo's (not new) is across the street with authentic italian.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.