Galveston seafood..

10,832 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Krazykat
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where do the locals go for sea food? Dad likes crab cakes..

tia
Froppe
AG
I'm not a local, but we had some really tasty seafood at Willie G's a yestiddy week.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Inexpensive: Shrimp 'n Stuff
Moderate Price: Rudy & Paco's (highly recommend)
Expensive: Number 13
texag84
AG
Had some great and very meaty crab cakes at Benno's on Seawall last Friday.

Spyderman
AG
Thanks, I think me and Pops will try the Shrimp and Stuff place on 39th.
G-Town Cracker
AG
R&P makes a mean crab cake. I've never seen one at S&S.
flown-the-coop
AG
My favorites when on The Island are Shrimp n Stuff for fried seafood, Black Pearl for oysters and Saltwater Grill for Gumbo. R&Ps is a very nice meal and would be my pick for special occasion dining.

I've given Number 13 a few chances and I am simply not impressed. I think overall the menu ranges from not very good to simply bizarre. And it is the only place I have ever seen a manager argue with a customer regarding a steak being overcooked. I wouldn't expect the manager at Golden Corral to make an argument like that, much less a nice place. Oh, and said manager was completely wrong and downright nasty about it. Other than a nice view, do not recommend Number 13.
G-Town Cracker
AG
yeah, eff #13
jackie childs
interesting...i've only eaten at Number 13 a couple of times, but always had a great experience and the food i had was very good. their crab cake was excellent and among the best i've ever had.

rudy y paco's is awesome for lunch or dinner. pretty easy to see why it's always crowded.

though i prefer paco's, saltwater is also a good spot, especially for lunch.

i'd still say shearn's at moody gardens is the best "expensive" dining option on the island. the lobster bisque is incredible.
Post removed:
by user
G-Town Cracker
AG
Saltwater is average at best just like all of the other Smecca/Hart ventures.

Shearn's = great food + best view of the island. The bisque is indeed awesome. I've been getting down on that stuff since I was a kid and Urs cooked at the Yacht Club. I'm also partial to their shrimp de jonghe.
Post removed:
by user
313-7-12thMan
I like the Waterman by the country club.
Captain Pablo
AG
Went to rudy and paco about 5 years ago I guess

Was excellent and reasonably priced
Ag83
AG
Went to Shrimp 'N Stuff on Ave O this evening and it was very disappointing. Feel like I got ripped off. Is the downtown one better? It looks like they have a lot better menu.
Post removed:
by user
Silvy
AG
Fish tacos at Float
Post removed:
by user
Silvy
AG
I never remember what the food tastes like
Silvy
AG
BTW new ignition cylinder in DA PUBLICAN, come buy it brah
Post removed:
by user
Ag83
AG
I wasn't expecting that prefab synthetic DuPont shrimp like you can by in the grocery freezer for one thing. Maybe actual fresh shrimp - especially in Galveston?
Post removed:
by user
Ag83
AG
How many serve the pressed frozen stuff you buy in a box at the grocery store? I probably shouldn't have said "fresh". Bottom line - I would never recommend that place to anyone.
harrierdoc
AG
Shrimp and stuff is seafood McDonald's. It's crap.
jackie childs
riondo's is a relatively new Italian place where luigi's used to be downtown. been a couple of times and the food is very good.
mernaggie12
AG
Shrimp 'n Stuff changed ownership and is not as good as it was 6 years ago when I was in medical school. Rudy and Pacos was great for special occasions with the girlfriend. Best gumbo I had was Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar. Great seafood gumbo and beers.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Potcake
AG
Benno's has a great fried shrimp plate.
jackie childs
quote:
Best gumbo I had was Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar. Great seafood gumbo and beers.
why, is sonny's closed now?
RAB87
AG
quote:
Shrimp 'n Stuff changed ownership and is not as good as it was 6 years ago when I was in medical school.
This. WTF Shrimp n Stuff?
Post removed:
by user
jackie childs
quote:
glad ive never gone to shrimp and stuff.

mike dean opened a new joint by float called BLVD seafood. friends ordered snapper and the tag on it literally showed what boat, location and date fish was caught. pretty insane. food was good.

haven't been for dinner yet, but the couple of times I've had lunch there, it was great.
bwynne13
AG
quote:
quote:
glad ive never gone to shrimp and stuff.

mike dean opened a new joint by float called BLVD seafood. friends ordered snapper and the tag on it literally showed what boat, location and date fish was caught. pretty insane. food was good.

haven't been for dinner yet, but the couple of times I've had lunch there, it was great.
Their crab cakes were really good.
Tursiops93
AG
I know this is an old thread, but I have always liked The Cajun Greek on 61st. Years ago this was The Shrimp Boat and they kept the same menu for the most part. Haven't been in a year or so, but it was very good and very fresh!
black_hat_ag
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.