LeTourneau University

2,430 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PeekingDuck
Paul Dirac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stive
AG
Religious? I've never heard of it having a religious affiliation so if it does I definitely wouldn't call it over the top.
PeekingDuck
AG
It is definitely a Christian school, but I don't know what over-the-top means.
Paul Dirac
Owlagdad
Best kept secret in the state.
Why dont you ask them?
Lots of kids from up north for what its worth.
AsburyAg
AG
It's a good school and was on two of my kids' short list - each chose different schools.

Seeing your inquiry on the General Board about where to live (Tyler vs. Longview) and the comment you make about getting a job, my guess is they are going to ask you some questions about your faith in Christ. What do you believe? Do you attend church?

That's my guess because, since they are a Christian institution, they will want a particular mindset and worldview on their campus - assuming you are a teacher/professor. At least if I was doing the interview, I would ask that.

Now - if you're not teaching and in an administrative role or are a part of the general staff, I could see where some of those issues are less pressing.
Paul Dirac
PeekingDuck
AG
From your other thread, I realize you aren't from this area. People are polite, but I have been asked more here than anywhere else which church I attend. However, it generally stops there. People aren't going to press you and I'd be surprised if an employer (even a Christian school) really got into it.
Paul Dirac
PeekingDuck
AG
Gotcha. Unfortunately, it has been more than a decade since I dealt with them and at that time I didn't have any of the issues you seem to be worried about. Can't imagine it has turned or anything. I'm sure they are professional regarding these things, but it sounds like you will just need to meet with them to alleviate your concerns.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.