HEB in Henderson??

3,512 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Owlagdad
Owlagdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heard rumor yesterday. Their Brookshire brothers is closed, down to Kroger and Walmart.
Definitely would draw folks from Tyler, Jacksonvilleand Longview.
AsburyAg
AG
That's the long held wish by many - especially on the north end of town where there is no grocery store. Folks hang their hats on the fact that there is an HEB in Carthage that (I believe) came into being when HEB Pantry stores were popping up around the state. So coming to Henderson would be no problem for the delivery trucks. I believe HEB has a limit of how far they expand away from San Antonio (maybe?) and Henderson is on the very edge. It would be nice for a lot of folks if they did come.
Stive
AG
Speaking of….why is it again that they don't have one in Tyler? Is it logistical? Is it the legendary agreement with Brookshires? Pure geography?
Owlagdad
Would make a Lufkin, Carthage, Henderson triangle.
On the reason none in Tyler, I have heard of the Brookshires agreement.
Wish the lone Brookshire hold out a few years ago would have taken the HEB money and run.
Stive
AG
Owlagdad said:

Would make a Lufkin, Carthage, Henderson triangle.
On the reason none in Tyler, I have heard of the Brookshires agreement.
Wish the lone Brookshire hold out a few years ago would have taken the HEB money and run.

If they moved to town and had a half way decent location, they would crush Brookshires in a matter of years. Brookshires was the only grocery store in Aledo up until a few years ago when HEB opened. According to my BIL that lives there he doesn't know how Brookshires stays open there anymore. It's apparently a ghost town.
AGC
AG
Stive said:

Speaking of….why is it again that they don't have one in Tyler? Is it logistical? Is it the legendary agreement with Brookshires? Pure geography?

There was one in Nac. Rumor is that they folded up shop when butchers unionized. Standard rumor type information, comes from a former roommate at TAMU that lives in Nac and who knew/knows the landlord.

Can't be logistical or geography.
Dro07
AG
Stive said:

I know 3 things in life…. Never get involved in a land war in Asia, never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line and a hand shake deal lasts a very long time.
JD Shellnut
AG
We use to have one in Nac and in Center also (I think!). There is one in lufkin but it is kinda hood.
Shayboy3
S
Not one in Center, just Brookshire and Walmart
Owlagdad
Would be boom to Henderson. I and other folks would go there, spend some money in gas , maybe eat somewhere, and lol, get worlds smallest sundae at Hershells.
RushHour
As excited as I was to finally get the chance to move from Louisiana to Texas, one of the biggest disappointments was that my "opportunity" was in the Tyler area, with no freakin' HEB's. Even as a visitor to Texas I knew how much I was missing out on. Brookshire's doesn't hold a candle to HEB's. Fresh in Tyler is nice, but there's only 1 of those.
kyledr04
AG
The one in carthage is in rough shape. Afraid one day they'll close it, especially if they don't add more nearby.
cc10106
Oh how I wish this would happen, but I won't hold my breath. This is Henderson we're talking about.
JD Shellnut
AG
Henderson does already have the best Whataburger around.
Owlagdad
We run out of Houston Blend coffee and HEB hot sauce in between trips to CS . Does Carthage carry Slovacek sausage?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.