Tell me about schools in Van Zandt county

3,161 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by billtheag89
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any private options?
We are looking all over but something of interest popped up in Wills Point.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Stive
AG
AggieLostinDallas said:

Any private options?

Private options in VanZandt? Those are going to be slim pickings.

I'd guess no in Wills Point unless it's a TINY school associated with a church.
Pignorant
AG
Grew up in Van Zandt County. Essentially no private schools unless church affiliated like above poster said.
ElephantRider
AG
I grew up in the free state and lived there recently. I can't think of any private schools.
Owlagdad
I would go Edgewood.
Owlagdad
AggieLostinDallas said:

Any private options?

You never really hear bad things about Wills Point. Don't know if they get kids out of south end of Tawakoni or not . Little downtown seems to have a little progress. You will travel to shop. Not far the backway to Rockwall or Tyler.
aggielostinETX
AG
Thanks all. We have decided to re-focus back on the Tyler area. The man the real estate is insane in Tyler.
Owlagdad
AggieLostinDallas said:

Thanks all. We have decided to re-focus back on the Tyler area. The man the real estate is insane in Tyler.

Just keep looking!! And if private school is an option, school districts do not matter. Also google or search properties with Bullard address , but Jacksonville schools- cheaper! And from being in the business, and having two kids of my own, and working at a post secondary, smaller sometimes is not better.
EastTexAg09
AggieLostinDallas said:

Keep looking, and you can find something. We just moved from Bullard into Tyler. While prices are up, if you look long enough you can find a good deal. We were able to find a house that needed a little cosmetic work with an anxious seller, and we were able to negotiate him down to a good deal.

As for private schools, there are several in Tyler. I am a product of a private school in Tyler and my kids go to one as well. Private schools have their positives and negatives, and each one is different. Based on the research my wife and I did before committing to one of the schools for our kids, I would suggest taking tours of each and determine what is the best fit for your kids.
BMOC86
AG
Go to Lindale, one of the best in the state
aggielostinETX
AG
We closed today on a lake property in Bullard.

Kids will go to BISD or Brook Hill.

Glad to be here.
RockOn
Welcome to the good life.
aggielostinETX
AG
Amazing how much better just the little things already are out here.

I BURNED MY TRASH TODAY!
PeekingDuck
AG
Welcome. All Saints and Grace are both good in Tyler if you want to drive. Bullard schools are fine though.
billtheag89
AG
We do have some good public schools with values in Smith County. In addition to a number of private schools, some of my friends are going the co-op home school model. You can PM for more details if you are still looking.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.