Yard work

2,746 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RockOn
RockOn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have a recommendation for a yard guy? Have a less than a quarter acre lot in azalea district. So not huge, but quite a few bushes and trees to maintain along with the yard.

Also, any recommendations for mosquito spraying?
And while we're at it - stump removal?
tx.agg.96
AG
I know lots of larger landscape companies in town, be happy to make a recommendation if that a route you're interested in. email is username at Gmail.
But I typically just recommend keeping an eye on the guys working in the neighborhood and just stopping one, they like to have yards close together and pricing is usually better from the independent guys.
Mosquitos, I use Josh at LanScape Services 903-571-9510. I also know the Town & Country Pest Control guys, good guys, locally owned, as well.
My arborist subs out my stumps, not exactly sure who he uses but it would be worth calling for a quote, he always backfills and lays sod over the hole. Sunnybrook Tree 903-363-5451.
Josepi
AG
For mosquitoes I do it myself.

I bought this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Bifen-Insecticide-Bifenthrin-Equivalent-Talstar-Gallon/dp/B005OKQQ8Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1502455826&sr=8-5&keywords=bifen

Mix about 8 oz in a 2 gallon sprayer, and spray the perimeter of the yard. Make sure to really hit the bushes, ivy, and any leaves that the mosquitoes hang out in during the day.

I apply it about every 4-5 week, and I hardly ever see a mosquito. That jug has also lasted me about 2 years.
RockOn
Ordered some off Amazon and sprayed this morning. Hope it works!
JD Shellnut
AG
betas2000
AG
Call or text Rafael at 979-676-5018, him and his son do great work at fair prices!
RockOn
Is he willing to drive to Tyler from college station??
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.