Rural internet/satellite tv

2,618 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggiebrewer
Ronald_Ragin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for internet providers in Etoile on lake Sam Rayburn near Shirley Creek marina. Also does anyone have experience with cell service boosters? Any recs would be greatly appreciated!
Ronald_Ragin
AG
To the top.

Moving next month, need some suggestions. Anyone use Xceed?
jbeaman88
AG
Not sure myself but you might try posting this to the Nerdery or Outdoor boards.
NederlandTX
I have a camp near Broaddus. A couple of my family members near me use Exede satallite internet. I think they like it ok. I installed a weboost cell booster I got from Wilson amplifiers last march ($400). It's installed about 20-25 feet up on an existing tv antenna. It worked perfect for me up until my last trip up there this month. Not sure why it didn't work. If I have trouble on my next trip I will give Wilson a call and try to figure it out. Weird thing about the booster...I have an iPhone with att. Android with att wouldn't work? Hope this helps.
aggieroy86
AG
Nederland,
Pretty sure you have to register all cell boosters now, no matter how old or have long you have had it up. Cell companies may have disabled it if it was interfering with some other service other than yours.
I only have small knowledge of this rule, might want to research it. I'm not even sure if they can disable a booster remotely?
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.