Laredo questions

2,762 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CondensedFogAggie
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never been to Laredo but may be going later this year.

Is it safe to cross into Nuevo Laredo?

Anyone got any feedback on the Max Laredo public golf course?

Thanks.
RGV AG
AG

Unless you are real comfortable with things and know Mex, I would not recommend crossing over in Nuevo Laredo. And it will be hotter than a hoor house on nickle night.

I swear, Laredo is like where the humidity from the Gulf goes to die as the breeze from Gulf peters out.
jja79
AG
I'm a Fort Stockton native so my Mex is passable. I don't know of any reason I'd be crossing over, but figured I'd get some feedback here. Thanks.
RGV AG
AG
I haven't been to NL in a long, long time. If it is like any of the valley crossings the tourism type stuff is dead and gone. Nuevo Progreso in the Valley still caters to the day trippers, but it is mainly from October through early April when the snow birds are here. NL use to be pretty nice, good shopping and good eats. It was pretty much dead last time I rolled through there. I tend to avoid Laredo and NL, just from years of poor work experiences working through there. I am sure some folks love it, but not me. I like Piedras and Acuna a lot better if I am headed up the river.
Potcake
AG
I started going to Laredo (La Posada) and NL in early 90's. Didn't do Boystown stuff, just bars/restaurants/shopping. We would go deep in to town without concern. Wife and I last went about 2009-10. Nuevo Laredo was dead, all the old restaurants and bars were closed, Marti's had moved to SA, and the Mercado was basically empty. The only saving grace were the gordita cart ladies behind the Mercado were still there. I miss border towns, Piedras Negras, Acuña, Nuevo Laredo, Nuevo Progreso, and Matamoros.
jrichgent
AG
jja79 said:

Never been to Laredo but may be going later this year.

Is it safe to cross into Nuevo Laredo?

Anyone got any feedback on the Max Laredo public golf course?

Thanks.
It is not recommended to go to Nuevo Laredo. If you go, buy insurance downtown before you cross.

The Max is a great course, get your tee time a few days ahead. The Greens are not the best, but good enough. The layout of the course is pretty unique.
God Bless the Texas Aggies.
CondensedFogAggie
ong thread
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.