Winners Announced for King Ranch Saddle Shop Gear

2,857 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RGV AG
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
We had a hard time choosing just one winner so we had to choose a runner-up as well! Reply to suzanne@texags.com to claim your prize.

1st place - 95 BuzzBait - winner of Game Guard cooler and cap
I was fortunate to be working on the King Ranch in 1995 as a quail guide/bird dog handler.....I was lucky enough to one day get to take former president George Bush Sr. and his son Neal out for an afternoon quail hunt........... read the rest here: https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2977104/replies/52557265

Runner Up - ValleyRatAg - winner of Game Guard cap
I grew up in Raymondville. My best friend from kindergarten through today grew up on the King Ranch in Norias. Norias is a small town, really a village, of people who worked the Norias division of the King Ranch. Many of them were born there, schooled there, and died there. Some had never left, ever. My buddy's dad was the head of that division, his dad before him, and his dad before him going back to the Richard King and.... read the rest here: https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2977104/replies/52569004

----------------

I've always believed there's something 'magical' about Aggieland. I wasn't born an Aggie, but I became one after my Aggie Aunt and Uncle introduced me to Aggie football. (Y'all might know her as TexAgs Legend "texasbug"!) In the nosebleed section at my first game, I witnessed one of the lowest fly-overs in A&M history. The fact that I was eye-level with an Aggie pilot, and the equally deafening sounds of the jet engines and the crowd has stuck with me ever since. Magic.
(That's me in the A&M boots)

With a BS and MS in Marketing after graduating Class of '13, I'm ecstatic to be a part of the recent growth of College Station. The King Ranch Saddle Shop opened its doors here last October 2017 and has received the warmest welcome. We believe it's the perfect fit for Aggieland! We carry everything from luggage, handbags, wallets, briefcases, office accessories, home goods, boots, hunting gear and apparel. We're also proud of our partnerships with brands such as Ford, Game Guard, Lucchese. Not to mention our line of maroon luggage and bags that are made just for our location. We're open every day of the week, and our entire Aggie staff are ready to help you pick out gifts or game day gear.

Captain Richard King started the King Ranch in 1853 and began making durable saddles that could withstand the harsh Texas plains. Fast forward to today and you'll see the Ranch is still one of the largest Family owned working cattle ranches in the United States, and it continues to make high-quality leather goods and more.

Many people have a King Ranch memory - maybe you grew up in that area, hunted there or perhaps you have a King Ranch leather item handed down from a grandfather. Share that with us and you'll be entered to win this King Ranch hat and this Game Guard cooler. We'll choose a winner on Friday, Sept. 14 at noon.

King Ranch stands for a tradition of excellence, innovation, and loyalty. The hands have changed over time, but the integrity of our craftsmanship has remained steadfast for 165 years. We carry a respect for the past in everything we do and share a passion for a brand that has stood the test of time. King Ranch remains a legacy that can truly ne'er be told.

Doesn't that sound familiar Ags?

Blair Banker
Store Manager
King Ranch Saddle Shop
166 Century Ct. #106
College Station, TX 77840
Work: (979) 209-9744
Cell: (832) 693-5593
Email: bbanker@king-ranch.com

oldord
AG
I have a story. My great grandfather was murdered by Kinenos and the Norias division foreman in the 1930s right north of San Perlita.

I drove to where my great grandfathers farm was and then headed north to the new King Ranch Fenceline. Climbed over it and took a leak.

What do I win?

RGV AG
AG
That is fascinating, please do elaborate a little on what went on? South Texas history in those times is very, very interesting.

My great grandfather was mayor of Alice during WWII and "committed suicide" by shooting himself in the back on the head in his office. This was during some turbulent times when the Parr's were coming to power.
oldord
AG
RGV,
It is linked here in the TIME magazine article.

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,757065,00.html

The below will add context once you read the article...
Times were different back them and my great grandmother was threatened that if she did not leave well enough alone, bad things would happen to here and her daughter (Two other sons had already moved off). That is why we never got to the bottom of anything...

After this happened, my grandmother married the son of a local farmer and my great grandmother then moved to California with one of her other sons.
At the very beginning, over 100 men of our family from all over the state descended on Raymondville and that is where the threat to burn down Kingsville originated. The rangers were all calm and sweet honeyed words while 100 angry relatives were in town and they placated them to say they had the killer but were trying to solidify the case. With those reassurances, family men went back to their farms in North Texas and elsewhere and that is when the rangers and the ranch got nasty. They arrested a PI that my Great Grandmother had hired who had the info (Who was murdered a year or so later in North Texas)
There were some old Kinenos who knew the truth and wanted to confess about the dead of the KR on their deathbeds (or so we heard) but their minders kept everyone from them as they got closer to death.

We are convinced that the King Ranch did murder them .The Durhams know but are still mum.
It has been almost 100 years but I would like to be able to retrieve the remains and bury them with family but I am pretty sure that wont ever happen.

*As a disclaimer, I grew up on a ranch and still run cattle and I am merciless to trespassers and I will admit my Great Grandfather was trespassing. However, I have never killed someone for trespassing. Especially if they are just trying to put food on the table*

That is the story of my family in San Perlita/Raymondville.
RGV AG
AG
Fascinating....Thanks for posting that.

I want to say that I had heard about this vile deed. My condolences to your family. I believe that there have been other "disappearances" on King Ranch, as well as some of the other large ranches, since that time. I know at one time the King ranch, the East ranch, and one of the other tied in ranches further up by Riviera, were all at very harsh odds with the Feds, namely the BP, about access to their land. Supposedly it was a conflict, both legal and at times almost violent, that lasted through the 80's and 90's and it wasn't until 9/11 that they were harshly brought in line.

South Texas during those years, before and after, was a very corrupt rough and tumble area. Decency and honesty were in short supply. In reality there is no telling how many sets of bones litter the large ranches, some by foul luck and others by foul play.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.