3 years until new bridge.

3,341 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PJYoung
scottimus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Add a bike and fishing lane and you have an 8 mile fishing peir!
Gordon Bombay
AG
When are they going to fix the 281 Interchange, that is a complete disaster...
PJYoung
AG
281 interchange is entering the planning stage now.

And roadwork has begun on the interior roads for the new bridge route from Hidalgo county.
OXDL45
AG
Where did the 3 year time frame come from? For a while it has been "3 years" every time I hear an update.

The construction funding source & allocation to the project for whatever the improvements will look like at Interstate 2 & US 281 has finally been done if I remember correctly.

Not sure when it will go to construction though.
scottimus
AG
PJYoung said:

281 interchange is entering the planning stage now.

And roadwork has begun on the interior roads for the new bridge route from Hidalgo county.
. Great it will be done in 2030!
benchmark
AG
oldvalleyrat
AG
Gordon Bombay said:

Is this ever the truth. I pick up my grandson from golf after school at Palmview Golf Course (south Ware Road) and I live in Edinburg. I get on the expressway at Trenton Road and ran into a bumper to bumper traffic mess at Nolana! The traffic was backed up and moving very slowly all the way to Ware Road. Just incredible. ...and this was at 4:00 in the afternoon so the 5:00 traffic was even started yet. Who ever originally designed that interchange should be harshly treated. The ones that decided to fix the Bicentennial over pass prior to fixing the interchange should be fired. (I hope it wasn't Aggie engineers that did this!)
PJYoung
AG
oldvalleyrat said:

Gordon Bombay said:

Is this ever the truth. I pick up my grandson from golf after school at Palmview Golf Course (south Ware Road) and I live in Edinburg. I get on the expressway at Trenton Road and ran into a bumper to bumper traffic mess at Nolana! The traffic was backed up and moving very slowly all the way to Ware Road. Just incredible. ...and this was at 4:00 in the afternoon so the 5:00 traffic was even started yet. Who ever originally designed that interchange should be harshly treated. The ones that decided to fix the Bicentennial over pass prior to fixing the interchange should be fired. (I hope it wasn't Aggie engineers that did this!)

I would check google maps every day before you go to make sure that's the fastest route.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.