Spring Break Chatter

1,912 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by oldord
scottimus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hearing talk on the island about dissolving spring break.

How does South Texaz feel about it.

I'm for getting rid of it. As a kid I went, now with kids I stay away.
oldvalleyrat
AG
I kinda agree. I refused to allow my kids to go to the beach during Spring Break. I didn't go back when I was that age because they hadn't invented water yet. It is hard to imagine any right minded parent allowing their kids to go to Spring Break.

I thought, all in all, it was a fairly uneventful event this year. Not one drunk teenager fell out of a multistory building...at least that I heard about.

I bet the store owners would have a heart attack if it was discontinued. I bet more than half of the money they make is from those two weeks.
OXDL45
AG
Needs to stay the same.
oldord
AG
This was one of the most prolific marketing efforts by the CVB in 15 years. When SB is promoted up north, dollars come. The first few years are good and then the valley trash want to get in on it and the associated crime etc ticks up and the Yankees don't come any more.

Expect a good attendance for a couple of years.

I used to go but in the 80's most of the action was during the day. From what I understand, these generation of kids on party at night.

As much as I love the island, I don't think it will ever hold the excitement or promise it did from 65 to 85.

It is like a less developed and smaller Atlantic City.
Once the jewel of the coast and now showing its age with no redevelopment dollars.

IMHO
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.