West Texas
Sponsored by

West Texas Fires

2,222 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Fishing Fools
Fishing Fools
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have you lost anything or are being threatened?
House, tractor, cattle?
What town?

Y'all stay safe.
Potcake
AG
KXAN (Austin) reporting that Carbon, TX was destroyed.
TheSheik
AG
We live in Eastland County about 6 miles south of Carbon
Went to supper in Coleman with the family last night - saw the fire north of Rising Star FM206 at about 4:00pm - left after a wonderful dinner at Black Cur in downtown Coleman - wife's phone is blowing up with fire between Eastland and Carbon - ... so we head back kinda fast, get to Rising Star and back to our Ranch at Okra from there - the family along for the ride with us was staying in an RV in Eastland, so we headed up to road to Carbon- about 4 miles up the road we see the fire had jumped the road,

found out that FM1027 was closed. The fire then at about 8pm was through Carbon and stretching 10-15 miles to the East so we drive down dirt back road below Highway 6 to Gorman - and get there to head north to I20 via Desdemona with fire everywhere on the horizon. finally got to Eastland and dropped them off, got my pickup and then we went over to Cisco to drop back down to Rising Star over to the south end of 1027 to Okra and the Ranch

picked up Mother in Law from a neighbor's, then we got home and in bed at 2:30

bad damage in Carbon on the way to the office in Eastland this morning...

that's the story from inside and all around the Eastland Complex Fire

we were lucky - the Fire never got closer than about 2-3 miles from our north fence line

sts7049
AG
found out today that my uncle's property near brownwood was hit. they lost just about everything they had. the worst part is that he's currently in the hospital recovering from a stroke. they haven't told him yet.
UTExan
2nd Baptist church in Ranger burned. Sad day.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Fishing Fools
Thanks for the reports. This is a sad reminder of 2005.

AG
Is the rain today helping y'all any out there?
Fishing Fools
So I'm back in CP and see this again.

We need rain asap.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.