West Texas
Sponsored by

San Angelo questions

4,754 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by texag_89
Postal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am going to apply for a job in San Angelo, although I have never been there, it seems like a nice town from what I read on the internet. What do Aggies have to say?
TheSheik
AG
good town - very active group of A&M graduates
great opportunity to get involved
in the community if you want

good luck
SW AG80
AG
Great people there and a great place to live.
Bucketrunner
Would love to live there. Friendly people, reasonable real estate.
WestTexAG
AG
Great place to live! Very few places I'd move to for less money, and the ones I'd move to for more money would all likely require A LOT MORE money to convince me to leave San Angelo
texag_89
OP,

Lots of good Ags here and it is a good place to live.

Post back when you get in town and I will buy you one at The Casual Pint downtown.

Who are you going to work for?

_89
Postal
AG
Thanks everyone for the replies. I just posted my application on Monday. I'm in the USAF, and there's an opportunity to work with the ROTC unit at Angelo State. The other options this cycle for ROTC in Texas were UH and Baylor, and I'll just say that Angelo State is my first choice to get back to Texas.

Y'all have confirmed my feelings that San Angelo is a good place to live. This might be my swan song in the USAF, so even after the assignment is over, I'm looking for somewhere to stick around after I hang up my uniform.

I won't know until the fall if I get the job. Thanks again for the positive replies.
WestTexasAg
AG
Solid town.
TequilaMockingbird
What a coincidence, I was in San Angelo on Friday...

Tenders at El Paisano

The Fall Guy
AG
Lived there from 1977 to 1984 as a kid. Moved in 5th grade. Lots of good times there and my grandparents lived in Ballinger. I am 47 now and am still mad my parents moved us.
ElGoatarod
AG
I agree with above posters. San Angelo is a wonderful place. Lots of warm wonderful people. I've lived in this area most of my life and always come back. Let's us know if you need recommendations for local spots.
c-jags
Postal said:

Thanks everyone for the replies. I just posted my application on Monday. I'm in the USAF, and there's an opportunity to work with the ROTC unit at Angelo State. The other options this cycle for ROTC in Texas were UH and Baylor, and I'll just say that Angelo State is my first choice to get back to Texas.

Y'all have confirmed my feelings that San Angelo is a good place to live. This might be my swan song in the USAF, so even after the assignment is over, I'm looking for somewhere to stick around after I hang up my uniform.

I won't know until the fall if I get the job. Thanks again for the positive replies.

President at Angelo State was a Lt General in the Air Force and went through ASU. My dad is still in the area and knows him through alumni stuff. Says nothing but great things about him.

I'm actually an Angelo State Grad /Aggie T-shirt fan and I really enjoyed going there and working there.

I left SA in 2008, a few years after I graduated, because there wasn't a lot of job options for me and living in the same town as my parents wasn't great for my marriage (I love my parents and they're wonderful people but being in the same town just wasn't working out.) the town went through a great revitalization in the 2010s and I always find a lot of fun new things every time I go back. Nice little green Oasis in the desert.

I wouldn't hate ending back up there some day.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
I would strongly consider retiring in San Angelo.
It has a 1980s small town feel for its size of 100K.
I only wish it had better airport options, but with the current BS it may not matter.
Sb1540
I lived there in my early childhood and then again back in 2011-2013. Angelo State is a nice quite small campus so definitely a good place to work. With everything going on I think it's a good option. Not a lot of entertainment since it's a smaller town and a good ways from the major cities but if you like the slower pace it's nice.
jrdaustin
AG
texag_89 said:

OP,

Lots of good Ags here and it is a good place to live.

Post back when you get in town and I will buy you one at The Casual Pint downtown.

Who are you going to work for?

_89
I'm CHS Class of '85 and A&M '89.

Do we know each other?
texag_89
My guess is we do.

I did time in SAISD at Santa Rita, then out to Wall and finished at CHS.

Was Ag Eco/Econ at TAMU.

After grad in San Angelo, Houston, Austin and back in SA since '01.

Hit me up at scampwalker007 at gmail…… I don't do social media or messaging here on TAs.

_89

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.