West Texas
Sponsored by

Looking for job leads for Engineering Technology grad '17 in West Texas area

2,398 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MEENAGGIE09
BnLe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

My name is Bach Le, Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology '17. I am currently in California but looking for career change opportunities to move back to Texas. I was told that this forum has a number of frequent Ags stop by and a great place to seek Aggie Connections.

I have experience with CAD, Six-Sigma Green Belt, PLC and understanding of programming (C++, LabVIEW, VB) and circuit board.

I would be appreciated if you have any networking tips or job leads that I can reach out to.

Thanks and Gig'Em!
fta09
AG
What are you looking to do? There might be some manufacturing opportunities out here, but by and large it is all oil and gas field operations. To break in to the industry, you'd be looking at field engineer opportunities in things like frac, wireline, cementing, drilling, mud, etc. That would be shift work, working weeks at a time in the field with a week off in between. Is that what you want, or do you want to continue using your skills learned in ENTC? If so, you might want to look at some other areas of Texas where manufacturing is more prevalent.

There may also be opportunities at oil and gas operators who are looking for someone with a manufacturing background (Endeavor, for instance, was hiring for a Continuous Improvement Engineer not long ago) but they may want someone who understands the industry already.
texag_89
Cali to Midland..... That's an equal Cost of Living trade.

A lot more corp jobs now in the Basin... Chevron, xto, Plains, Eog, Concho and more have shiny new HQs or Regional HQs in Midland now.

Good luck and plz know that the boom is both a blessing and a curse in Md-Od.

That's why I live in San Angelo.

_89
BnLe
AG
fta09 said:

What are you looking to do? There might be some manufacturing opportunities out here, but by and large it is all oil and gas field operations. To break in to the industry, you'd be looking at field engineer opportunities in things like frac, wireline, cementing, drilling, mud, etc. That would be shift work, working weeks at a time in the field with a week off in between. Is that what you want, or do you want to continue using your skills learned in ENTC? If so, you might want to look at some other areas of Texas where manufacturing is more prevalent.

There may also be opportunities at oil and gas operators who are looking for someone with a manufacturing background (Endeavor, for instance, was hiring for a Continuous Improvement Engineer not long ago) but they may want someone who understands the industry already.
Ideally, I want to continue using my skills learned in MMET (formerly ENTC). I have been searching Houston and DFW but not sure if there is any other areas of Texas where manufacturing is prevalent. I have a Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean Manufacturing understanding from A&M so I am looking at Continuous Improvement Engineer positions, too.

That being said, I do not want to limit myself in any industry and I think it is critical to land my feet in the door to gain more experience and wait for other opportunities to come.

If you do not mind, may I keep in touch with you over LinkedIn? Mine is https://www.linkedin.com/in/bach-le/.

Thank you for your tips and insight.

Gig'Em!
MEENAGGIE09
AG
Try Ethicon Inc in San Angelo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.