The contested plains

2,433 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BQ78
canadianAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those still in the panhandle, I think this is showing in pampa. Never heard of it until today but looks decent for what I assume was a low budget movie.

CanyonAg77
AG
If you go to the web site, there isn't much info, except a link to the trailer, and a link to buy tickets for either the Oklahoma City Premier on September 2, or the Pampa premier on September 4.

https://www.thecontestedplains.com/

I suspected the film was based off of the capture and rescue of the German girls during the Red River Wars. If you click the link to watch the preview on Youtube, there is info that confirms that, and tells a little more about the film.

Quote:

The west has it's own way. Watch the new teaser for The Contested Plains, coming soon.

The Contested Plains is produced by Fall River Productions in association with the White Deer Land Museum Foundation.

Story:
This docudrama tells the story of the John and Lydia German family. The family was attacked on the western plains of Kansas in 1874 by the Southern Cheyenne. The band that attacked the family were part of a group who had lost family members in the preceding Sand Creek and Wa****a Massacres. What follows is a six-month search to find the surviving four girls in addition to the in-fighting of the members of the tribe, who are weighing their own survival. Historians help to bring meaning to the challenging period of the Plains Wars and the Red River wars on the Southern Plains. In the end, we see the struggle of both the girls and the Native Americans who are all fighting to survive in an impossible scenario. In the end, both groups are captives.

Director: Ken Spurgeon
Screenplay by: Deb Goodrich and Ken Spurgeon
Producers: Randy Edens, Deb Goodrich, Mark Mannette, Todd Schwartz and Ken
Spurgeon
Director of Photography: Logan McNay
Music by: Orin Friesen
Cast: Buck Taylor, Mary McDonough, Darby Hinton, R.W. Hampton, Cod
CanyonAg77
AG
https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/german-sisters

Too much to quote, it gives an extensive narrative of the German family.
BQ78
AG
I know Deb Goodrich, this will be very historical based.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.