The article about female fighter pilots on F16

1,464 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CanyonAg77
Wearer of the Ring
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I opened that one I was almost sure Canyon would have something to add as he has mentioned that his daughter is a pilot as well as a few other tidbits about her that make her an all round Quite A Gal.

Sure enough he had something of value to add.

BUT aside from all that good content I hope he won't mind me saying that the bit I'm still laughing about is the reference to him as CanyonAg1877. Now that right there is 120 proof Texags.
FJB
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If BigRobSA had said it, he would have done it on purpose. He loves to give me crap about my age.. (All in good fun)

Funny thing about female pilots, our daughter is not the first woman from Canyon to fly fighters. One of the WASP pilots was from Canyon, and flew fighters, bombers, etc during WWII. Ours is the first to BE a fighter pilot, a small distinction.

The WASP pilot is still alive at just past 100, and still sharp as a tack, going by a interview done for her 100th birthday

Also, when she was at her first base, our daughter ran into a woman her age, and they sort of stopped and stared, and both said "I know you." Turns out it a classmate from Canyon, who had moved away when they were in Jr. High. She was on track to fly transports.

How weird is it to have two females from a small town in Texas (graduating class of about 200) independently end up as Air Force Pilots.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.