BBQ in Lubbock

4,214 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Big 12-0
C4D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Name the best BBQ Lubbock. Local type joint. Not chain.

Great Brisket is at the top of the list as to what makes a BBQ place.
TequilaMockingbird
Evie Maes in Wolfforth. No contest.

There was a place on the NW side called The Shack but they closed.
Pearl2010
AG
Second Evie Maes.
Todd 02
AG
Not much great BBQ in the Lubbock area.

Evie Mae's is likely going to get the top vote. I'd add Chopped and Sliced to your list as well. Also try Tom & Bingo's. I haven't been there in 30 years, so don't know today's quality. And there's a new place called The Bent Nail. Haven't been there either, but I hear people talk good things about it.

Covid policies killed The Shack.
WestTexasAg
AG
Evie Maes in Wolfforth. Not in Lubbock, but an hour away in Dickens - TC's Ponderosa.
TequilaMockingbird
Anyone been to Hill BBQ? I'd never heard of it but I saw it on a "best of" list.

https://www.facebook.com/hillbarbecue/
busdriver88
AG
I hear good stuff about the place in Slaton that is in the old Texaco station. Never been. Maybe one day I will be down there working at lunch time.

Chopped and Sliced is good, and the owner is a good guy.

Eva Mae's is popular, and I like the free beer, but I didn't think the food was as good as the hype.

I hear the Shack has been bought by some former employees and they are trying to reopen. It was probably the best I had had in town.
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
MooreTrucker
AG
The Shack is coming back.

Tom & Bingos is/was really good but I haven't been recently after the owner died.
TequilaMockingbird
https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/the-shack-bbq-to-reopen-under-new-owner/
TequilaMockingbird
The Shack has finally opened.
leachfan
Evie Maes opened up in United on Slide and 114th today.
MooreTrucker
AG
HEB has a BBQ place inside it but I haven't tried it yet.
WestTexasAg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

HEB has a BBQ place inside it but I haven't tried it yet.
It's ok. I prefer Evie Maes.
keechi4343
AG
I've been to evie Mayes once. The line was insane. I was expecting something very special for as long as we had to wait. It was ok but I won't go back to stand in that line.

TommyBrady
AG
HEB BBQ is actually not bad. Its not evie maes good but it kicks the **** out of most fast food and chain places
TequilaMockingbird
TequilaMockingbird said:

The Shack has finally opened.
I finally got to eat there today. On point again, and they have added green chile to their mac and cheese.
Big 12-0
The new Market Street on 114th and Slide has an Evie Maes BBQ inside. I haven't noticed a dip in quality from the one in Wolfforth but the atmosphere's definitely not the same. I also like TC Ponderosa's in Dickens, about an hour east of Lubbock. Tom & Bingo's is a personal favorite, used to go and pick up Bingo Burgers growing up as a kid, but haven't been in a while.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.