New Buddy Holly Music Hall Complex in Lubbock

3,111 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Aggie1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
.pagespeed.ic.M_0XNEAK9U.webp&t=1616163811&ymreqid=7e19c973-8b27-038d-1c15-d6039501de00&sig=u_SUtxP0Kn2qYf2_hv3Iew--~D

The Buddy Holly Hall complex strums a new chord in Lubbock, Texas
As a teenager emerging from the Great Depression, Buddy Holly strummed his guitar in Lubbock, Texas, to dreams of becoming a pioneering figure in American rock n' roll. The music Holly would make several years latershot through with gospel and blues influencesdefinitively enshrined him as an icon of American culture. True to Texas style, the new Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences commemorates Holly's immense impact through a giant performance venuethe largest in West Texas. When the 218,000-square-foot complex opens to the public, it will offer performance space for the Lubbock Symphony Orchestra and Ballet Lubbock, as well as multipurpose spaces and an outdoor amphitheater for explorative programming opportunities.
busdriver88
AG
Cannot wait for the shows to begin. Wife and I paid for some season seats....

I highly recommend if you find your self in the area, check out TwoDocs Brewing nearby.
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
Pearl2010
AG
I second that for 2docs. Great atmosphere and beer.
Pearl2010
AG
On top of that, I also was an Aggie bus driver.
busdriver88
AG
Awesome! Best job on campus when I was there. Met my wife at Bus Ops.
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
MooreTrucker
AG
I didn't see it in the article, but I hear that the same bunch that did the acoustics, etc. for Carnegie Hall did the same for this facility.
Aggie1
AG
https://kkam.com/14-of-the-most-googled-questions-about-lubbock-texas/

14 of the Most Googled Questions About Lubbock, Texas

14 Questions People From Lubbock Are Tired of Hearing

WestTexasAg
AG
Saw ZZ Top a couple weeks ago at the Buddy Holly Center. Place is awesome.
MooreTrucker
AG
We've been to three concerts in the main hall, and one in the smaller theater. The acoustics are great, but getting around esp. in the smaller theater is a challenge for older folks with walkers and such.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.