Lamb county

2,652 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Texarkanaag69
Pearl2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any Lamb County Ags around?
CanyonAg77
AG
Best I can do for you is former resident of Hale
Pearl2010
AG
Dang, my spouse and I are needing some folks to play 42 with.
GSPag`
Maybe Plainview. There are usually several Ags in the Mgt of the meat packing plants there. Other than that you are headed to Amarillo or Lubbock. Maybe you can find some hidden Ags out there.

Wish you the best of luck. We farmed south of Olton many years ago. Not a lot of Ags out there.
Pearl2010
AG
I have noticed the lack of Ags. The folks around her are no doubt some of the best people I have ever had the opportunity to be around. The 42 table and beverages will be waiting for that next Ag to show up.
CanyonAg77
AG
Think it's bad now, should have been around 40 years ago, Lots now compared to then. I think I knew almost every Aggie from the Panhandle/South Plains that was attending when I did.
Todd 02
AG
Lynn County checking in.
Pearl2010
AG
Are we going to actually get some moisture out of this thing?
Todd 02
AG
My neighbor is out drilling wheat, so he must think so.

The last measurable moisture we had was the ice storm in late October. And before that it was rain September 8.

We're hurting, like most folks up here. I've got wheat in the ground, if the cranes haven't eaten it all. Sure would be nice to see it sprout.
Pearl2010
AG
We are in the same boat. Drilled wheat before the ice storm, it came up but nothing more. We didn't get any of the rain in September. Praying for this snow.
Pearl2010
AG
Let's thank the Lord for what he gave us and ask that it is enough.
keechi4343
AG
GSPag` said:

Maybe Plainview. There are usually several Ags in the Mgt of the meat packing plants there. Other than that you are headed to Amarillo or Lubbock. Maybe you can find some hidden Ags out there.

Wish you the best of luck. We farmed south of Olton many years ago. Not a lot of Ags out there.

The meat packing plant has been closed for 8 or 10 years. FYI
GSPag`
That's embarassing. I had no idea. I should get back up there more often
Texarkanaag69
AG
Todd 02 said:

Lynn County checking in.
Todd, my mom was born and raised in the metropolis of Grassland between Post and Tahoka. My grandfather and his brothers and families emigrated there from east Texas in the early 1900s. At one time the Thomas brothers had two or three cotton gins there. He probably carried one or two acres of dirt in and on whatever car he was driving at the time. I always enjoyed visiting there. It was markedly different from far northeast Texas!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.