Power outages and roof leaks

1,642 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by eric76
eric76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else have problems in this early snow?

We lost power last night. It came up after about an hour but only stayed up for about five minutes. It did that three or rmore times. After that, it went down and stayed down until sometime this morning. We were off just under 13 hours combined.

Also, with this snow, it is mostly just wet slush everywhere. On the flat roof of the office, it's kind of like having six inches of water staying in place waiting to leak in instead of running off. I spent from 2 am to 4 am shoveling channels in the slush for the water to run off. It's doing it, but rather slowly.

I just got back down again after an hour of more shoveling.

When I went to sleep about 5 am, I dreamed about roofs that have a slope to them.

I'm told that pretty much every power pole going west out of Gruver is down for about six miles and that there were many down going east toward the local power station. From the sounds of it, I'm quite impressed that they got us back up and running in under a day. There are a number of places in the area that are still down or are running on emergency power.
84AGEC
AG
Yep. Still out
CanyonAg77
AG
https://www.outagemap-xcelenergy.com/
jtp01
AG
We got power last night sometime around 5:30 last night after about 24 hours. We were in Gruver for Jr. high football game.

From FM 1060 west to Sunray there were a couple of places where the poles, wires and all were in the west bound lanes. They were working to pull it all off the toad last night when we came back to the farm from Sunray. West to Dumas from FM 1060 I counted over 39 piles broken off and most of the cross members broken in addition.

The slush and muck has been miserable and will get much worse before it gets better. I've got hay to bale and won't even think about it for at least a week.

This morning we have no internet (the horror) but we are good.
CanyonAg77
AG
Mom is on Lighthouse Electric, a co-op out of Floydada. She is in Hale County, and is literally the last house on the Lighthouse line. She hopes to get power today.
MooreTrucker
AG
We had lots of flickering, out long enough to reset clocks and DVRs and stuff but no extended periods. Other parts of town are still out, waiting for LP&L to get parts.

And having a dangerously sloped roof has its advantages.
eric76
AG
MooreTrucker said:

We had lots of flickering, out long enough to reset clocks and DVRs and stuff but no extended periods. Other parts of town are still out, waiting for LP&L to get parts.

And having a dangerously sloped roof has its advantages.
Especially a steel roof so it doesn't get damaged by hail.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.