Cita Canyon video

3,484 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag97
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Very jealous of the guy who made this video.

tmaggies
AG
Awesome
FTA_12
AG
I've been to the first and second falls, but never made it to the third, that's a really neat video. Ceta Canyon is a hidden gem in the Panhandle! Also a terrible place to run a cross country meet!
Pearl2010
AG
Mrs. Pearl and I are headed to Canyon in April for our anniversary. Staying at an BnB near here, I think. Looking forward to seeing what we can of this.
CanyonAg77
AG
I'm not sure how much of Cita Canyon is publicly accessible. There is a church camp there, but I don't know if random tourists get to wander through.
tony
AG
My favorite hikes from my Boy Scout career were there going through all the falls. After the second falls the canyon tightens up and there's a section that's super swampy and feels like a tropical swamp hiking through it.
Pearl2010
AG
Thanks for the heads-up. We will keep that in mind while we are around there.
Shumba
AG
Very cool! I grew up in Amarillo and attended a religious camp out there in Ceta Canyon yearly. A couple of us kids made that hike in high school. It looks just like I remember it. That place is special! Thanks for sharing, even if it took me a couple of years to see this post!
Ag97
AG
Brings back some great memories hiking that canyon. I attended the Lutheran Church Camp on the other end of the canyon and the Methodist camp would allow us to hike through to the falls once a week. Was always a highlight of that camp week. However, if the guy filming that wanted the real experience, he would have jumped off the falls into the pull below. That was always the highlight of our hike when we got there because it was usually July and hot as Hades with no wind down in the bottom of that canyon during that time of year. Nice find.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.