Coronavirus in the Panhandle

3,896 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Fitch
eric76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A woman I know just told me that Nazareth, Texas is shut down because of coronavirus. Her granddaughter was packed and going to go visit a friend of hers in Nazareth for a few days but they got a call while ago saying not to come because the friend of hers has coronavirus. The woman told me that it traces back to the school janitor.

I don't see anything on the news, yet.
CanyonAg77
AG
Five cases there, might have contracted at the regional boys BB tournament in Levelland. Gruver boys may be vulnerable, too.
eric76
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Five cases there, might have contracted at the regional boys BB tournament in Levelland. Gruver boys may be vulnerable, too.
So far, it looks good here. I haven't heard of anyone having the symptoms.

I've heard two different conjectures for Nazareth. One was that someone picked it up in San Antonio at the state tournament and brought it back. Gruver was at the tournament, too, but I don't guess anyone from Gruver picked it up there.

The other was that it was a janitor in the school. Unless things have changed, janitors don't have much direct contact with the students so that would make it more likely that the students would have acquired the infection through contact with respiratory droplets that were on a surface. If that's the case and the infections are fairly mild, it might fit in nicely with my speculation on http://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3102566.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
We are ALL IN

Crimony, does everything have to have a catch phrase?
eric76
AG
There are now reports of a case in Moore County. I don't know if it is in Dumas, Sunray, or out in the country.

It feels more and more like it is encircling us. The theme song from Jaws seems strangely appropriate.
HSEAG13
Hutchinson had its first confirmed case
MooreTrucker
AG
Lubbock has 151 cases, with a third of them from one single location, a nursing home.

4 dead, 21 recovered.

Still too many people, esp. the young'uns, being stupid and not following the stay-at-home, no gatherings order.
eric76
AG
As the outbreak circles around us and it almost feels like we should be hearing the theme song from Jaws.

Anyway, it's being reported this afternoon that Hansford County has its first confirmed case.

Reports are that it is in Morse.
eric76
AG
There was an ambulance call earlier tonght to a house a few miles to the north. If I understood the dispatcher correctly, he said that the patient has symptoms of covid-19.

If it is who I think it is, it is either the father or the mother of someone in my grade in school. They are both quite old -- late 80's to mid 90's.
eric76
AG
I was at someone's house last week who is now under quarantine. His sister is married to the man in Morse who has it.
SunrayAg
AG
Has the guy in Morse traveled out of the area? Or been in contact with someone known to have it?

Or is it community spread?
eric76
AG
SunrayAg said:

Has the guy in Morse traveled out of the area? Or been in contact with someone known to have it?

Or is it community spread?
Someone said that he picked it up at a wedding in Oklahoma and developed symptoms almost immediately. I think that would appear to have been a couple of weeks or so ago.
84AGEC
AG
New numbers are up.
eric76
AG
It turned out that the one in Hansford County picked it up at a funeral in Oklahoma, not a wedding.

He has recovered but reports are that his wife now has it.
84AGEC
AG
What's up with potter county
CanyonAg77
AG
84AGEC said:

What's up with potter county
Prisons and meat packing plants.
84AGEC
AG
Another 700 today ?
CanyonAg77
AG
84AGEC said:

Another 700 today ?
Pretty much if you do massive testing, you're going to get massive "new cases". Almost all of them are asymptomatic.
Fitch
AG

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.