America's 10 Most Delectable Burger Joints

2,630 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Drawkcab
Aggie1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.tripadvisor.com/blog/americas-10-most-delectable-burger-joints/

Quote:

[ol]
  • Coyote Bluff Caf Amarillo, Texas
  • [/ol]This quaint saloon-style hotspot boasts a menu of hearty "Prairie Patties" made with lean ground beef and a variety of buns. Spicy food fans can test their taste buds with the "Burger from Hell," smothered with sauted jalapeos, Coyote Hell Sauce, and Tabasco. "They have the most delicious burgers you could ever taste. The portions are large and the atmosphere is wonderful everyone is so friendly. It may be small, but leaves a big impression," commented a TripAdvisor reviewer.
    Bluecat_Aggie94
    AG
    I like it.

But man, Recreation in Canyon has a burger, the "Bowser"... it brought me to tears. And not from the jalapeos which were rather mild.

CanyonAg77
    AG
    Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

I like it.

But man, Recreation in Canyon has a burger, the "Bowser"... it brought me to tears. And not from the jalapeos which were rather mild.
    I had to look that up, didn't know it was open. Have you tried the "Barrel and Pie" pizza place yet?

The Square is an amazing place, especially compared to how it was when we moved here in '94.

If I had a million dollars lying around, I'd remodel and reopen the Olympic Theater on the north side of the square.
    Bluecat_Aggie94
    AG
    Barrel and Pie is good... but just go expecting a little weirdness. The pizza's on the menu suffers a little from what I see as "trying to hard" to be unconventional. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. I have the same opinion of the Tap Room on the square. But they do have a "build your own pizza" option if you want to go safe. Very good crust if you are a fan of wood fired pizza.

I'm with you on the theatre.We at WT have made attempts to get the owner to partner with us to bring it back online. We even had the economic development group lined up to help as well. The owner just won't budge. Don't know if he's holding out for something else, saving up to do it on his own... but it's just sitting there getting worse and worse every year.
    CanyonAg77
    AG
    My impression is that the owner is not the easiest person to work for or with.

But I am glad to see other parties are also interested. Can you imagine the economic impact? The Square used to be a ghost town. Now, you go on a Saturday night, and cars are parked on two sides and part of the third.

Open the theater, the other two fill up.

And I don't know if you've seen it, but someone is remodeling a space on the east side as "Hugo's Event Center".
    Bluecat_Aggie94
    AG
    Oh forgive me, I was talking about the theater on 4th street across from the museum. He's the one that doesn't show interest in reviving it. Don't know anything about the owner of the one on the square. But I agree, would be nice to have something like that back. I'll have to look into the event center. If the county can't ever figure out a way to get their offices back down there, I've thought they should just commercialize the old courthouse building. It's beautiful with the outside restored, but a shame it's not used for anything.
    CanyonAg77
    AG
    I'm not a fan of the theater near the museum. It doesn't have anywhere near the class of the one on the square. If you go down to the north side of the square, you can look in the windows and see the old glass ticket booth, and the name "Olympic" in the floor tile.

The one near the museum is kind of tacky, and the location is horrible. There's no parking, and I'm surprised there were never any fatalities from kids crossing the road. That, and idiot parents stopping in front of the theater to drop kids off, and getting rear-ended by folks turning left from 23rd street to fourth avenue.

It is close to WT, which is an advantage. Especially now that WT is a real university, and students are on campus more. When we moved here in 1994, the campus was a ghost town on nights and weekends. It's a different world now.
    WestTexasAg
    AG
    Coyote Bluff is legit. Between that place and Blue Sky, Amarillo has two legendary burger joints!
    Aggie1
    AG
    Governor Rick Perry officially designated Friona the Cheeseburger Capital of Texas in 2007.

http://www.frionachamber.com/
    Drawkcab
    Barrel and Pie is great. We had a BBQ chicken pizza with thin peach slices on it. Sounds weird but it worked. Very tasty!

Comes with onions too but I left them off my half.
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.