Houston
Sponsored by

EaDo Woodrows

1,541 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Irish 2.0
Booma94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Checked out the new EaDo Little Woodrow's last week and it's an pretty impressive space. But I'm confused on their significant investment in that location if I45 expansion construction is pending and other places are getting out.

Anyone have any insight?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
That whole area will probably be on the decline before they raze the first shanty on this project.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
New?
Texaggie7nine
It's far enough back from the freeway to not be bulldozed and that area stays packed when MLB and MLS are in season.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
DustysLineup said:

New?
They moved across the street to where Lucky's was and totally renovated it to be like their other newer locations.
7nine
cajunaggie08
AG
I was wondering when someone would move into the old Lucky's Pub spot. I'm guessing they moved because their previous location in that area will be torn down when construction starts and this building will still be there. I'd imagine they are banking on people still coming out for Dynamo games but once construction starts I don't see how Astros, Rockets, and concert crowds will be able to make it to the east side of 59/45. I guess since Little Woodrows has numerous other locations, they can afford to cover the losses at this spot during construction and hope to make bank being one of the few bars left in the area, assuming people still want to go drink in that area after construction. Drink will certainly be cheaper there than the Jim Crane/Astros owned bars going in where the B.U.S. used to be.
jamesf
AG
It shouldn't be affected by the reconstruction (other than years and years of work zone headaches).

https://www.txdot.gov/content/dam/project-sites/nhhip/docs/nhhip-segment-3-i-45-rollplot-ph-2-3.pdf
Booma94
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

I was wondering when someone would move into the old Lucky's Pub spot. I'm guessing they moved because their previous location in that area will be torn down when construction starts and this building will still be there. I'd imagine they are banking on people still coming out for Dynamo games but once construction starts I don't see how Astros, Rockets, and concert crowds will be able to make it to the east side of 59/45. I guess since Little Woodrows has numerous other locations, they can afford to cover the losses at this spot during construction and hope to make bank being one of the few bars left in the area, assuming people still want to go drink in that area after construction. Drink will certainly be cheaper there than the Jim Crane/Astros owned bars going in where the B.U.S. used to be.
If that's true, parking for Astros games will be a cluster of ginormous proportions, considering many of the lots are on that side of 59. I figure there will have to be some sort of egress under 59.
Booma94
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

DustysLineup said:

New?
They moved across the street to where Lucky's was and totally renovated it to be like their other newer locations.
It was packed on Saturday with LSU fans in the area for the baseball game at MMP. The renovation is definitely an upgrade from their old EaDo location. Much larger, more space, tons more TVs. It was a pleasant experience and even though it was full it wasn't uncomfortably crowded. I imagine it will be a fun place pre/post Astros games.
cajunaggie08
AG
Booma94 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

If that's true, parking for Astros games will be a cluster of ginormous proportions, considering many of the lots are on that side of 59. I figure there will have to be some sort of egress under 59.
Lot B is sitting where the new freeways will run. But you're right that there will need to be some kind of way to get across the construction. I don't see Metro letting the purple/green rail be shut down for years without some kind of concession. I can see there being a crossover there
Texaggie7nine
I'd imagine some type of temporary tunnels made up of scaffolding and boards, like they do for walkways around buildings downtown that are under construction.
7nine
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Interesting. I liked that old Lucky's spot and wondered what somebody could do with it.
Texaggie7nine
DustysLineup said:

Interesting. I liked that old Lucky's spot and wondered what somebody could do with it.
They have the big ass astroturf patio like the other locations with giant screens. It's going to absolute be the PRIME spot to be outside of MM during post season baseball.
7nine
cajunaggie08
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I'd imagine some type of temporary tunnels made up of scaffolding and boards, like they do for walkways around buildings downtown that are under construction.
In this case it will need to be a temporary bridge as this part of the two freeways is supposed to be below grade
Irish 2.0
Texaggie7nine said:

DustysLineup said:

They have the big ass astroturf patio like the other locations with giant screens. It's going to absolute be the PRIME spot to be outside of MM during post season baseball.
Just to let everyone know...I've got turf, TVs, and comfy furniture on my patio. Our outdoor patio is on the East side of the building, so it is in the shade early.

Oh....I have cigars and we're BYOB. Can order food delivery and we're nextdoor to some of the nicer bars in the Heights (EZ's Liquor Lounge, Permission, Ready Room, etc.)

Nice Ash TX
3117 White Oak Dr.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.