Houston
Sponsored by

Butcher's Ball

2,403 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by terradactylexpress
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone been to this event in Brenham? Was it fun? We are going Sunday.

https://www.butchersball.com/
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
If this is the thing I think it is, I have heard it is a really great event.
Al Bula
AG
TXAG 05
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
How much facial hair is required to fully appreciate all the sausage and wine pairings?
bularry
randy828 said:

Anyone been to this event in Brenham? Was it fun? We are going Sunday.

https://www.butchersball.com/
looks like a cool event, but I have not ever been
HtownAg92
AG
David Happymountain said:

No....it's gotta be your bull.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Gotta have the full version of a classic like that.

randy828
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

If this is the thing I think it is, I have heard it is a really great event.
We had a blast. The weather was incredible. Loved the food, wasn't what we were thinking it would be ...just straight bbq. The different teams had incredible food...like tapas, very different dishes.

Wish they would have had more than one beer supplier, they kept running out of the beer we liked, but they did have a lot of bourbon, tequila, and wine vendors.

Music was really good with The Jerrells and Sheverb. Wasn't overly crowded. Never had to wait for food or drinks.

Highly recommend it.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
AustinCountyAg
Can you give more details what exactly this "ball" entails? The website is somewhat scattered with vague information for me.

All food/beer/drinks included with ticket? What do you actually do? From pics it seems just little booths set up similar to a market day or something like that?

Just walk around and eat food and drink while a band plays somewhere?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
If it's really open bar, that's not a bad price. Some of us could get our money's worth.
randy828
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Can you give more details what exactly this "ball" entails? The website is somewhat scattered with vague information for me.

All food/beer/drinks included with ticket? What do you actually do? From pics it seems just little booths set up similar to a market day or something like that?

Just walk around and eat food and drink while a band plays somewhere?
Yes, all food/beer/drinks are included. There are also some dessert stands that is included.

You are not allowed to bring any food or drink in and you do not need it.

Yes, a lot of food booths, they just keep putting out small containers of food and you walk up and take it. You can keep coming back. There is no limit.

Band is set up on a stage. There were about 3 different areas of booths so it was pretty well spread out. I loved the chargrilled oysters.

Muse is a new restaurant that will be or already is opening in west gray waugh area.

Roma was there.

Original Ninfa's was there.

Lots of restaurants or bbq places I had not heard of before. My favorite was a Wagu platter served by "Rosewood"...I think that was the name or maybe that is the location. Seemed like most of the restaurants were from Houston area.

There were information sessions going on inside one hall. I was not interested and did not stay and listen.

There are quite a few tables set up that you can sit for a while and eat, but mostly you just eat walking around as the servings are small (tapas style).

https://www.houstoniamag.com/eat-and-drink/butchers-ball-festival-november
randy828
AG
Harry Lime said:

If it's really open bar, that's not a bad price. Some of us could get our money's worth.
We got in free.

Having perfect weather was huge.
terradactylexpress
This sounds like zoofest 7-8 years ago
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.