Houston
Sponsored by

Store with quality leather couches?

3,634 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Steve McQueen
aggiesundevil4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We just got back from Gallery Furniture in Katy in search of a leather couch or two to replace our current ones. Anyone know of another store option in the greater Tine that may have stuff? (Also hoping for a place that I won't have to wait 6 months for it)
Thanks y'all!
ElCheAg
AG
https://www.texasfurniturehut.com/

I haven't purchased from them, but know folks that have.
Martin Q. Blank
Costco
HtownWilly12
I bought mine from here at their warehouse at I10 and the beltway on the west side. Have had it for 4 years with 2 dogs and a toddler and the Uvalde one at the bottom has held up amazingly. It's a distressed leather which helps hide scratches and such.

https://www.homesourcetx.com/product-category/seating/sofas-sectionals/
Whoop Delecto
AG
aggies4life
AG
Check Costco instore and online. Just bought some from Costco online - for the price, can't be beat IMO
Sea Speed
AG
Ethan Allen
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Tandy
Marvin_Zindler
AG
EclipseAg
AG
We bought a beautiful leather Steelcase sofa at Hermann Furniture in Brenham last year. Rustic/ranch style.

It's a bit of a drive but a great store. And setting up delivery was a breeze. They have trucks that come to the Houston area a couple of times a week.
schmendeler
AG
Make sure it's "full grain" leather. Assume it's **** that lasts a year or two and then starts peeling if they don't specify. I know this because the furniture i bought years ago at gallery furniture did this.

htxag09
AG
schmendeler said:

Make sure it's "full grain" leather. Assume it's **** that lasts a year or two and then starts peeling if they don't specify. I know this because the furniture i bought years ago at gallery furniture did this.
This is my question with some of the recs, re Costco. I'm completely ignorant of what they sell, so it very well may be. I just assumed it wasn't the best quality....
aggiesundevil4
AG
Thanks, y'all keep it coming! That's not just a casting couch joke, I appreciate y'all's responses so far.
Heading to Texas furniture hut now. Did some online looking at a few other places mentioned. Agree that full grain leather is key to longevity, that's what I implied in my OP by quality leather.
txags92
AG
If you are really looking for quality furniture, you might end up having to wait no matter what given the current supply chain issues. If you are willing to wait, I highly recommend Amish Craftsman Furniture. Aggie owned and it is excellent quality furniture. The only downside to their furniture is that it will make the rest of your furniture look cheap next to it.
AgCPA95
AG
htxag09 said:

schmendeler said:

This is my question with some of the recs, re Costco. I'm completely ignorant of what they sell, so it very well may be. I just assumed it wasn't the best quality....
Every piece on Costco will tell you what it is and I don't think you will find any full-grain there. You will find top grain and then split grain which are step below full-grain in that order. Its a good value IMO but you are not finding a heirloom leather sofa there.
schmendeler
AG
We bought some leather recliners from Arhaus about four years ago and they are built super solid and the leather has held up very well so far. They were not cheap, however.
NoahAg
E X C L U S I V E F U R N I T U R E ! ! !
Let's go, Brandon!
AJ02
AG
Got our full grain leather couch, loveseat, and recliner from
The Dump.
maroon barchetta
schmendeler said:

We bought some leather recliners from Arhaus about four years ago and they are built super solid and the leather has held up very well so far. They were not cheap, however.

Arhaus

In the middle of ar street!
schmendeler
AG
Yeah that's where you live after you buy their furniture.
Burn-It
AG
Got our leather sectional from Restoration Hardware (rh.com). It wasn't cheap, but it has held up really well and is really comfortable. I like that the sitting surface is very deep compared to most other brands.
AKA 13-0
schmendeler
AG
Another suggestion: try the Bassett custom furniture area. They have a huge selection of fabrics and leathers.
aggiesundevil4
AG
Thanks for the additional options…Texas furniture hut didn't quite have what we need so we are still hunting. Will try a few more on the list next (targeting Amish and restoration hardware I think next). I'm worried Bassett will take forever if they build from scratch.
schmendeler
AG
It's been about 7-8 years but it wasn't bad, iirc.
Sea Speed
AG
Seriously, check out Ethan Allen. I'm sitting on a gorgeous Ethan Allen leather couch right now.
txags92
AG
aggiesundevil4 said:

Thanks for the additional options…Texas furniture hut didn't quite have what we need so we are still hunting. Will try a few more on the list next (targeting Amish and restoration hardware I think next). I'm worried Bassett will take forever if they build from scratch.
Amish will have some showroom stock that is for sale, but most of what they sell is built to your specs up in Amish country. You pick the fabric, the wood, the stain color, etc. and gets made to suit. They were 10-12 weeks out for a long time, but I know last year they were much further out, like 12-16 weeks or longer. I think the wait times have started coming back down, but it might still be a while. But the time spent waiting is because it is being built by hand in shops in Indiana or Ohio, not waiting to be put in a shipping container on a boat from China.
Steve McQueen
AG
https://www.cascobayfurniture.com/

You're welcome. /eot
aggiesundevil4
AG
After lots of shopping we think we are actually going to order from Casco Bay - haven't pulled the trigger yet - I love everything about their business model but I've never bought a proper couch without sitting in it first…so we will see how it goes.
Steve McQueen
AG
Great decision. Easily a dozen or so of my pals have sofas from Casco Bay, along with my wife and I. Everyone's happy several years later - a decade+, in some instances.

The quality is comparable to sofas several thousand dollars more expensive. Make sure and read up on the differences between aniline vs. semi-aniline vs. dyed vs. painted etc. and don't be afraid to ask for as many swatches as you'd like. Their Berkshire leathers are my favorite.

It's a bit of a quirky husband and wife duo running the show - and let's be honest, their website is atrocious - but they're very, very helpful.

Can't recommend Casco Bay enough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.