Houston
Sponsored by

Bobby Garia the Thai Tailor

4,927 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgLA06
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will be in Houston tomorrow and Thursday.
Just FYI.
Marsh
AG
Where at? How do you make an appointment? Anyone used post covid or is this his first time back? Wondering if anything has changed due to supply lines, etc.
Irish 2.0
Here's his contact. Haven't used him since COVID.

He's on WhatsApp with that number

Dallas Police Department is full of crooked cops that lied about Mrs. Angela West and tried to destroy her name and reputation
Buford T. Justice
AG
It's his first trip since Covid and he said that a suit or sport coat ordered now, would arrive in early January.
Larry S Ross
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Will be in Houston tomorrow and Thursday.
Just FYI.

He will play be here thru the 6th. I'm seeing him Friday. This is the phone on the email he just now sent me.
+1(972) 799-5326
Good Day.
Larry S Ross
AG
Just saw Bobby. He is leaving on Monday. Said he has open time slots if anyone is interested. His phone number is in a post above.
Good Day.
JYDog90
AG
So how much is a normal suit by him?
Formerly Willy Wonka
Buford T. Justice
AG
In the 1k range. But they are expertly measure.
He said that his next trip will be in the summer.
BBRex
AG
His shirts are good and reasonably priced.
AgLA06
AG
Bumping this so I can be prepared the next time he's in town.

Does anyone have his current price breakdown?
BBRex
AG
It depends on materials. I didn't see him on his last trip through town, so I don't know what his prices are post-Covid shutdowns.
Buford T. Justice
AG
He said that it would probably be early summer before he is back in Texas.
AgLA06
AG
That's fine. I'm trying to figure out if I should wait for him or rebuild my sport coat / suit wardrobe on sales. I lost all but one to a moth in the closet.

I remember someone posting a price list and was hoping someone still had it.
bigjag19
AG
Following. Need a good custom suit. Lost all of my old ones due to massive change in body composition.

Did get a new sport coat last week.
AndesAg92
AG
bigjag19 said:

Following. Need a good custom suit. Lost all of my old ones due to massive change in body composition.

Did get a new sport coat last week.

Not bashing anyone else's opinions but I was only happy with the dress shirts and wear them to work regularly. Pants fit super weird (normal 5-11 dad bod). Just my two cents. Didn't get jacket.
BBRex
AG
That was my experience, too. I am curious about how a sport coat fits.
Chewy
AG
Bobby is a great person but count me in the camp that was disappointed in the pants. I bought a suit and an extra pair of pants along with some shirts. Both pairs of pants fit weird. The crotch and thighs were really big like some clown pants. Waist and length were fine but they were just really loose in the crotch and thighs. Really disappointed in what I paid.

The shirts and coat fit fine but I wouldn't say anything amazing or much different than suits off the rack I've had tailored.

For my second custom suit I used Kamran Bespoke and was much more satisfied. It's hard to compare prices because the quality of the material you choose is a huge swing. Kamran might have been a little bit more but the suit fits great and his process is much better. Really felt like a true custom suit.

https://kamranbespoke.com/

My father in law used Bob Rose in Downtown for a couple of suits last year and was very happy.

https://www.rroseclothier.com/
BohunkAg
AG
Maybe your crotch is small
Diggity
AG
Bobby is a great dude and I've been generally happy with the coats he has made for me.

That being said, I was surprised by the pricing last time. The $500-600 coats were all wool blends. Maybe I'm picky but I would would expect 100% wool in that price range. I believe it was $700-800 before he got to 100%.
Sea Speed
AG
What size do you wear? I cant fit in to a couple jackets anymore because they are too big so I'm going to sell them. Worn only a couple times.
AgLA06
AG
Way bigger than you.

54 regular

Yes, I need to lose weight
Sea Speed
AG
Haha yea, won't work.
Chewy
AG
BohunkAg said:

Maybe your crotch is small
Thats a given but even with my customary sock I use to embellish the area I was having to tape it in place. Not so with my other slacks. Stays in place all on its own to give the ladies something to think about. At least until the moment arrives and I hope the lights are off.
AgLA06
AG
Thanks for offering though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.