Houston
Sponsored by

Permanent Lighting Systems

2,025 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rojo Grande
Rojo Grande
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I put this in the home improvement section too, but thought more people might see it here. I'm considering installing one on my home and wondered if anybody has one or has recommendations. The one I'm looking at is the Gemstone system by Lone Star Lighting Co.

www.lonestar.solutions

They look really cool.....app controlled, don't have to hang lights at Christmas, can use the accent lighting year round.
nonameag99
What is a " Permanent Lighting Systems"?
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Rojo Grande
nonameag99 said:

What is a " Permanent Lighting Systems"?

They're lights that are hung on your home with a color matched aluminum channel (similar to gutters). You can use it for accent lighting, but they're LED's, so at Christmas time you can change the colors and you don't have to hang Christmas lights. Check out the link I posted. They look pretty cool, but they're not cheap so I was hoping I could get some input on them before I just jumped out there and bought it.
ManvelAg2006
AG
Was thinking about getting these installed at my home. How much was your overall cost? Just was wondering
Rojo Grande
ManvelAg2006 said:

Was thinking about getting these installed at my home. How much was your overall cost? Just was wondering

I haven't had them come give me an actual quote yet, but I know it's based on footage. Someone on Facebook said it's about $25/ft. That would be about $3500 for the front of my home.
Jackal99
AG
There's a house in my neighborhood that did this. It's a big house that replaced a tear-down after Harvey, so I guess they figured it was a minor expense compared to the size of this thing. At first, I thought it was a little silly. Then when I've driven by and seen different colors depending on season/holiday/etc, it seems pretty cool. I don't think I'd ever do it on my house, mainly because of the expense, but it looks nice if done well.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Maybe you could get the app to function like an old school mood ring. Fighting at home, red lights. House got the Rona, green. Astros win, orange. I bet for a few extra thousand they will put the lights under your car too!
nonameag99
What color was horny?
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Bassmaster
AG
nonameag99 said:

What color was horny?
Uh, pink?
ccolley68
AG
Interesting idea. $3500 interesting? No thanks. If it was a permanent solution to Christmas decorations, maybe. But this only solves the issue of roofline lights. Still gotta do around the windows, wrap the trees, line the sidewalk, etc. Maybe if I was building new, and what's an extra $3500 lumped into the building cost I would do it, but I'm not that mad at my Christmas lights to shell that out of pocket.
Rojo Grande
ccolley68 said:

Interesting idea. $3500 interesting? No thanks. If it was a permanent solution to Christmas decorations, maybe. But this only solves the issue of roofline lights. Still gotta do around the windows, wrap the trees, line the sidewalk, etc. Maybe if I was building new, and what's an extra $3500 lumped into the building cost I would do it, but I'm not that mad at my Christmas lights to shell that out of pocket.

I guess I'm just not thinking of it as "Christmas lights." I actually was interested in the accent light effect when I first saw them and all the other features were a bonus. I just bought the system so we'll see. They get installed next week.
Wearer of the Ring
AG
For $3500 I think I'd stick with traditional Christmas lights. And then I wouldn't put those up either.
htxag09
AG
I guess I'm kind of confused how you use these throughout the year (not holidays). They just look like white Christmas lights in all the pictures I came across.
Rojo Grande
htxag09 said:

I guess I'm kind of confused how you use these throughout the year (not holidays). They just look like white Christmas lights in all the pictures I came across.

I had a friend send me a link to their Facebook page and it explains it pretty well. On their website, the first couple of pictures in their gallery show accent lighting, and that's what I liked about it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.