Houston
Sponsored by

2017 Laurel's Army Wine Dinner

1,418 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by drumboy
Sbatch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good morning everyone - We hope you guys are all having a great Memorial Day weekend.

It's a much longer story than can fit in here, but in 2010 our now 10 year old daughter was diagnosed with a rare solid-mass cancerous tumor and was treated at Texas Children's here in Houston.

Coming out of that, my wife and I started a non-profit to help sponsor a research Doctor at the Hospital called the Laurel's Army Foundation. We are a fully certified IRS 501(c)(3) and have donated nearly $200,000 to the hospital over the last couple of years.

So, that said, next Sunday (June 4th) we are hosting our 3rd Annual Wine Dinner at the Armadillo Palace in Houston. Tickets are only $50/each and should provide amazing value for that cost. We are going to have 6 tables set up - 5 tables with a unique bottle of wine and 1 with a craft beer - each of the 6 tables will have a food item paired with the wine/beer at those tables.

We would love for you guys to come out and join us - the event is from 6p-8p and will feature live music, a silent auction, a photo booth, a 50/50 cash donation board where you can win one of four shots at $250, and we will also have our Laurel's Army gear for sale, including our "Donut Holes Kill Cancer" t-shirts.

Tickets can be purchased here:
https://laurelsarmy.ticketbud.com/2017winedinner

Thank you all for your consideration - we hope to see you next Sunday!

Please let me know if you have any questions.
OXDL45
AG
Hope the event goes well!
Liquid Wrench
Good luck. Armadillo Palace is usually a good time.
drumboy
AG
I doubt I could go thanks to small kids but who's playing the event?
Sbatch
AG
OXDL45 and ChiliBeans - Thanks !!

drumboy - Armadillo Palace is booking a house country cover-band for us. We had a tentative deal in place with a big name Texas Country act but our slot ended up getting re-traded by the booking agent. Was a disappointing turn of events, but truth-be-told, we're probably 1 year away from being able to really step on the gas pedal with this fundraiser. So, we are going to look to partner with a big name musical act for the 2018 wine dinner.
drumboy
AG
BandsInTown shows Jeremy McComb with a private show for that night so I was wondering if he was the artist playing. Anyway, I'm sure it will be a great evening.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.