Houston
Sponsored by

Gastroenterologist recommendations in SW Houston / Sugar Land

1,516 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Blanco Ag
howdydamnit04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have one they'd recommend? Wife has gallbladder issues and the doc she was seeing previously seems to have disappeared and no one is returning phone calls from their office.
maverick2076
Dr. Ponce de Leon at Sugar Land Methodist did my wife's gall bladder removal and was excellent.
ccolley68
AG
I had mine removed at Sugar Land Methodist a few years back. ER trip for me, so I don't even remember the Dr now, but I feel for your wife. The pain of the attacks can be absolutely debilitating. Overall the process was good and smooth, and out in 2 days.
The Kraken
AG
My wife is an administrator at Methodist in the Medical Center. She recommends Dr Pat Reardon, a fellow Ag. She even texted him tonight and can help get her in earlier than normal to see him if you want.
howdydamnit04
AG
Awesome. Thanks everyone. After yelling at the wife last night for being too nice I raised a little hell and have gotten multiple call backs. The doc is going to review everything today and give us a plan. If I'm not satisfied I'll start with y'all's references.
MrMiyAggie
AG
I'd be happy to see her.

Joey Bluhm, MD
713-772-1200
Office in Katy, Mem City, or Cypress

Class of 99
Bonfired
AG
maverick2076 said:

Dr. Ponce de Leon at Sugar Land Methodist did my wife's gall bladder removal and was excellent.

I'll second this...he did my gall bladder removal in 2012.
shihitemuslim
AG
Dr. Madhukar Kaw, MD
shihitemuslim
AG
He is a general surgeon
malenurse
AG
Bonfired said:

maverick2076 said:

de Leon is not a GI. He is general surgeon.

I recommend Christina Levings at Southwest. Good GI doctor and easy on the eyes to boot.
byfLuger41
howdydamnit04
AG
Just an update for the popcorners... The GIs office called back last week right after I posted and said the Doc reviewed everything and she needs to go to a general surgeon. Consulting with one today... Hopefully we can get that gallbladder snipped out ASAP so she can eat cheese again. She gets cranky without cheese
Blanco Ag
AG
malenurse said:

Bonfired said:

maverick2076 said:

de Leon is not a GI. He is general surgeon.

I recommend Christina Levings at Southwest. Good GI doctor and easy on the eyes to boot.
More specifically, a conquistador. However, I am not surprised he is still hitting the radar in 2016.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.