Houston
Sponsored by

City of Houston Hiring process

9,274 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by lunchbox
rilloaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife applied for a job with the city about a month ago. Her application is listed as "under review" currently and the posting is set to close late this month. She's going in for an interview with a different employer tomorrow. I'm concerned about her getting a job offer(presumably for less) with this employer but not knowing about the city job for another couple of weeks. Anyone know if there's a way to get in touch with the city to see if she's being considered for the job? Thanks in advance!
Furlock Bones
AG
why would she want a gov job over the private sector?
rilloaggie
AG
quote:

We've always dreamed of being LOLpoor and she's most definitely un-hireable elsewhere. She will be a teacher if all else fails.
TX_AG_10
AG
What department?
rilloaggie
AG
Public Works & Engineering Planning and Development.
TX_AG_10
AG
RTT should be able to provide some insight
Jack Klompus
AG
Call 311 to ask about the status of your application
The Wonderer
AG
Homosexual = hired

Heterosexual = not hired
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Public Works & Engineering Planning and Development.
Based on your post, this:
quote:
RTT should be able to provide some insight
Is a fairly correct answer.

[deleted]
Ryan the Temp
AG
FYI - The online system is well-known for not providing accurate status information. There are jobs that get filled and the status for people who applied but were not selected still says, "under review" five years later.

Gotta love low-bid contracts.
rilloaggie
AG
Much appreciated! Forwarded your info to the wife!
schmendeler
AG
quote:

Thankfully judges, police officers, fire fighters, and service men and women don't think this way.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I turned down a higher paying job in the private sector because I love what I do ...

... play on TexAgs all day.

I keed, I keed ...

I do love my job, though.
XpressAg09
AG
quote:
Careful, this is how you get crazy TexAgs people to call your boss and complain...(which is still stupid)

If you take another strike, how are we supposed to get our COH Public Works questions answered?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
Careful, this is how you get crazy TexAgs people to call your boss and complain...(which is still stupid)

If you take another strike, how are we supposed to get our COH Public Works questions answered?
Funny thing is if they call, they'll probably end up talking to me anyway.

I'm on the team of people who manages how the department utilizes 311 and we've made a lot of really good improvements over the last couple of years. In some cases, you can get an issue resolved faster by calling 311 than by calling in favor from someone in the department.

I'm leading a new internal 311 project that will be very exciting and will help the department better manage the turnaround times on 311 cases and integrate case handling performance into employee performance evaluations. Citizens should notice improvements once we roll it out early next year.
XpressAg09
AG
^^^

The only problem is...I'd never call 311, I'd just post the RtT beacon and wait for a timely response. But I understand that not every Houstonian knows that trick.

RtT Beacon: Activate
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
^^^

The only problem is...I'd never call 311, I'd just post the RtT beacon and wait for a timely response. But I understand that not every Houstonian knows that trick.

RtT Beacon: Activate

Double rainbow! Must be some bad **** going on.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
Homosexual = hired

Heterosexual = not hired

Make sure you add minority to the "hired" list.
lunchbox
thread hijack warning...but RTT, whatever happened with going back to the AF?...I probably missed a ton of the story. The last I remember, you lost all that weight and met the requirement.
Ryan the Temp
AG
The DoD budget got shafted and I wasn't selected because of the downsizing. It was really bad timing.

Oh well. Doesn't bother me any. Besides, it turns out I was needed in Houston still.
The Wonderer
AG
Was wondering the same. Sorry to hear, RTT. But hey, weight loss!
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Was wondering the same. Sorry to hear, RTT. But hey, weight loss!
I gained a bunch of it back.
lunchbox
Sorry to hear that - thanks for your service (and being willing to serve again).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.