Houston
Sponsored by

People at the gym

8,363 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by CATAGBQ04
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm one of the many with a new gym membership with the start of the new year. I was at lifetime but it got too expensive and crowded a while back so I dropped it. Getting back into the swing of things sucks as I am sore as jetch's pivot mans balls.

One of the nuances of the gym I had forgotten about is the plethora of unique humans that go to the gym. I think my favorite is the old dude in full spandex bicycle clothes and crocs. Of course no gym is complete without the meathead body builder who walks around in a sweatshirt 1/2 zipped and no shirt on underneath and I can't stand these guys bc they are usually pretty nice guys but they are a always wanting to you get the right form or suggest a better lift for that muscle group. I don't want to talk to you while I'm blasting my fat pouch covering my abs. I go to the bar to be social, not the gym. Unless you have lady parts, don't talk to me. Then there's the old dudes walking around the locker room butt ass naked grossing everyone out. All I've learned from them is I'm getting plastic surgery if I get that old.

Anyone else have good people at the gym?
Buck Nasty
AG
Bro, do you even lift?
HvilleAggie
AG
OXDL45
TKEAg04
BarryProfit
hair dryer guy is classic b/c we've all seen that old guy before.
Bondag
AG
gym stereotypes
Dan Scott
AG
Effing lifetime city center is bumping me to 110/month starting in February. Mothereffers
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Dan- that's the main reason I left there. I couldn't justify spending that much money at a gym when there are so many options out there that provide the same stuff I was utilizing at a cheaper rate.
Velvet Jones
AG
quote:
[sore as jetch's pivot mans balls.

I laughed.
yeahtoast
AG
I love my gym, and I have a ton of gym bros that I have gym bro nicknames for but hardly ever talk to them. It's like an unspoken headnod that we're both there to do work but I do'nt have any interest in getting to know them outside of the made up boxes I've put them in.

There's use-every-plate-on-leg-press bro.

Tiny mankini shirt bro.

Flat billed and curved billed bro-pair.

Squat rack bro.

Incline-treadmill-hold-on-for-dear-life bro.

Bro-ette who could crush me with her deltoids bro.

Lots more, but I don't actually talk to any of them...with the rare exception of squat bro. Gym time is me time.

Also, DEAR LORD THE YOGA PANTS.
Bob Kelso
AG
**** yeah, man. So there is just something funny about old asian men. This one ****in' guy goes swimming in his tighty whities. And you know tighty whities -they're like white t-shirts. Wtf happens when you get them wet on a chick? You see tots, bro.

So...The pool at 24 hour fitness has big glass windows that you can see through next to the squat racks. As you're squating 235 or some ****, this old man strolls in the water doing butterflys with his bushy dong in plain view and you can't look away because you got ****in' weight on your shoulders, and if you laugh you're going to try to keep yourself from falling. The best you can do is just close your eyes or some **** and pray your knees don't buckle.

AGeng25
AG
The take-up-a-bench-press-for-30-minutes-but-only-do-2-sets bro
Bob Kelso
AG
Love the social bro's. The ones that just want to walk around and talk.

Or the "I'll just wait til you're done, bro". Holy sht.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Love the social bro's. The ones that just want to walk around and talk.

I hate that guy. There is also the couple that show up together but don't really work out.
tmaggie50
AG
My favorites:

Sing and dance while resting "bro"

Old man (or asian man) wearing jeans/slacks, tucked in shirt and white sneakers to workout

ChipFTAC01
AG
I also love the old/fat guy on the recumbent bike reading the newspaper and barely moving the wheel.
David_Puddy
AG
I go to LA Fitness over in the Marque Center and it's surprisingly pretty normal without a lot of the stereotypical gym guys.
Echoes97
AG
I love the "setup the machine and then just sit on the seat like it's a freakin lazy boy for 10 minutes while dicking around with my phone" guy. Get on, get off azzholes!

Also, pretty much anyone on an elliptical.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG

jetch17
AG
lordy
Furlock Bones
AG
the ab roller
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
The worst has to be the "Let me help you with your form" bro, especially when they are dead wrong

I also laugh at "Every Day is Upper Body Day" bro:

Also, just as a general PSA....Don't forget to stretch before your workout!

[This message has been edited by CFTXAG10 (edited 1/14/2014 11:24a).]
nu awlins ag
AG
that is whay I work out in our gym at the office. no meatheads, no "bro's/brah's"....
yeahtoast
AG
Work gym you just get treadmill queens and old man balls you know, which is way worse than stranger old man balls.

Also, I appreciate a good form check bro from time to time.
nu awlins ag
AG
no country for old men at our office gym. the oldest dude is around 50 and competes in all the tri events. the older women take the fitness classes so they are nowhere to be seen...

[This message has been edited by nu awlins ag (edited 1/14/2014 3:22p).]
TefIon Don
AG
quote:
Effing lifetime city center is bumping me to 110/month starting in February. Mothereffers

110/month? Christ....the 24 hour I go to is 29/mo, but I have to deal with a gym packed with scrawny Mexicans and Asians that think they aren't just a couple lbs away from winning a bodybuilding competition. Can't wait to get out of Copperfield.
dahouse
AG
I used to work out at Lifetime in Katy. Haven't been in a couple months. I used to go at 5:30AM and go to work from there.

Mostly normal people, some super fit folks. Most minded their own business and got the work in. It was the same group more or less so it was OK.

BUT, there was a freaking robot woman there. Every. Day.

She would be on the stair climber thingy covered in a full out lather when I got upstairs at 5:40ish. She would remain on the machine the ENTIRE time I was there. I'd walk by at 6:45 on my way out, she's still climbing the mountain.

I only went 3 days a week, but she was there EVERY DAY. She looked like Skeletor.

Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
cheezag03
AG
I blowdry my balls after every shower I take where a blowdryer is present.
CATAGBQ04
AG
That pic of the youngs and olds is dead on my Y.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.