Houston
Sponsored by

Memorial Athletic Club on Dairy Ashford

15,962 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by El Mero Guero
DRE06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone a member there and mind sharing how much you pay monthly.

Thanks.
txags92
AG
My wife and I are members there. I think we pay around $60 per month total for the two of us, but let me check and see. Check with them to see if you can get a discount based on one of your employers. They have deals with quite a few of the energy corridor companies to give pretty significant discounts.
Texaggie7nine
What is the Memorial West Community club?
txags92
AG
Actually we pay $67/ mth and it includes everything except raquetball.
txags92
AG
quote:
What is the Memorial West Community club?

No idea...but it isnt part of memorial athletic club.
trestamu
AG
Wife and I pay 64/mo
Sazerac
AG
Memorial West is a swimming pool, couple tennis courts, and an event building that is part of the Nottingham neighborhood / HOA. I think others can "join" but i cant see that they would.

Nottingham Forrest neighborhood has something similar, anyone can join.

My wife goes to the MAC and its $57 or so a month.
KT_Ag08
AG
Owners are great people.
Westicles
AG
What do they have there that they don't have at an LA Fitness? I pay $30/month and they have racquetball, pool, basketball court, etc. Don't see why you'd pay $57 to go to MAC.
sts7049
AG
quote:
What do they have there that they don't have at an LA Fitness?

prestige
DRE06
AG
quote:
What do they have there that they don't have at an LA Fitness? I pay $30/month and they have racquetball, pool, basketball court, etc. Don't see why you'd pay $57 to go to MAC.

It's less than a mile from my house and doesn't have the scum that 24 hr fitness does.
txags92
AG
quote:

The $67 we pay is for two people...so $33.50 per month each. For an extra $3.50/ month, you get a totally different kind of atmosphere...no meatheads walking around posing for each other. No creepers hitting on the women...etc.
Westicles
AG
quote:
you get a totally different kind of atmosphere...no meatheads walking around posing for each other. No creepers hitting on the women...etc

I've worked out in about every type of gym: chain, local, small, big... and they all have these. I highly doubt MAC is any different.
David_Puddy
AG
Westicles - step your game up & join Lifetime son.
txags92
AG
quote:
quote:
you get a totally different kind of atmosphere...no meatheads walking around posing for each other. No creepers hitting on the women...etc

I've worked out in about every type of gym: chain, local, small, big... and they all have these. I highly doubt MAC is any different.

Ok. Sounds like you should keep going where you are now. Thanks!
10andBOUNCE
AG
MAC seemed like a senior citizen type place when I visited. But that was only once. I wasn't all that impressed with it.
DRE06
AG
quote:
MAC seemed like a senior citizen type place when I visited. But that was only once. I wasn't all that impressed with it.

I think that's kind of the point. Not many bells & whistles, but a place close to home that has enough stuff to get the job done where you don't have to wait for machines and benches. Not the kind of place where you have a 1000% increase in gym attendance during January & February due to New Years resolutions. If you are going for a morning workout before or after work, you probably aren't concerned about how many 50" TVs are hanging in the weight room.

I'd somewhat compare it to a relatively unknown, single location restaurant that nobody knows about vs some trendy restaurant in West Ave where you have to wait an hour for a table.

[This message has been edited by DRE06 (edited 1/9/2014 12:41p).]
El Mero Guero
Love MAC, been a member on family plan since HS in late 90's...they pay something ridiculously cheap still I believe and I am still a member at 32 but never go as I live near the loop. Would much rather work out there than the LA Fitness on Norte Chepard that I currently frequent.

I'd be all over two for $67.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.