Houston
Sponsored by

Anyone a Petroleum Club member?

14,997 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by flipper
CRM1712
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just heard about it and was wondering what the benefits, costs, etc are associated with it?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
Dr. Doctor
AG
Good food? A restaurant with a nice view? Power lunches?

Been there once, about 18 years ago. Was really cool, for Mother's day. Uncle was a member (or still is, don't know).

~egon
MouthBQ98
AG
The dad of a friend of mine growing up was a VP for Exxon. My friend's younger brother is good friends with my younger brother also, and the younger brother's wedding reception was up there in the Petroleum Club. Very cool place for a wedding reception, I must say. That's probably the highest up in a building I've been in Houston, too.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
hey! i went to a wedding reception there too!
Wasp06
I am , you can email me at jeremy a m 3 @hotmail.com if you want more info.

[This message has been edited by Wasp06 (edited 1/19/2009 3:59p).]
Vernada
AG
I went to a Christmas party there this year and was not impressed with the place at all.

Food wasn't anything special and the place was very old feeling (not really in a good way). But the very worst thing about it was the service was piss poor... from the valets to the waitstaff to the bartenders.
CRM1712
AG
WASP, I just sent you an email. Thanks.
RockOn
not worth it.
Aggie Oilman
My Dad was the 2nd VP on the board of directors there a few years ago. For a junior membership (under 40 years old) it will cost you $5000 to start then around $100 a month in dues.
Pahdz
i had my wedding reception at the Petroleum Club...in Wichita, KS
flipper
That place is like a time machine to 1978.
Pahdz
no that would be Junior's in OKC...that's a time machine
Scantron882
AG
I attended a function up there back in the early 90s and I agree with the time machine comment.

It has a real genteel feel to it.

I remember the crazy mustard gold waiter jackets that appeared to have been purchased in 1965 that all the wait staff were wearing. And most of the wait staff appeared to have been hired about the time they purchased the waiter jackets.
f burg ag
AG
People are not members there because of the exciting design of the facilities. Membership brings prestige and an excellent forum for networking. The lunch buffet is usually very good...great gumbo and my favorite is the lamb. The service is always top notch, thus i dont understand the service comment. Except maybe the service is not as good for large events.
Vernada
AG
quote:
Membership brings prestige

with whom?
f burg ag
AG
Mostly oil and gas executives, but not limited to said group.
Vero143
Most of my in-lws are members of the Midland Petro Club. That one is pretty nice.
slurpee
went there in the early 80's.
f burg ag
AG
I have been there a couple of times. I like the more laid back feel of the Midland club.
ccolley68
AG
I went to a wedding at the Ft Worth Petro Club. It was nice. We had a good time. Cant say much for the service since it was a buffet and the drinks were all had from the bar, but all in all it was anice place and held a lot of people.

Oh, and as stated earlier, it was probably the highest I have ever been in a building as well. I believe it was the 38th floor or so. The only time I have been higher may have been at the big hotel in Anchorage, AK, but I cant remember how high up we went there.

[This message has been edited by ccolley68 (edited 1/20/2009 10:56a).]
Wasp06
When you are a member at the Petroleum club Houston you may go to any affiliate club in the US , they are not all Petroleum clubs but have affiliates in every city. The YPA is a very eclectic group of people. It is great networking as some of the top Houston CEO's and President Bush senior was at my meet and greet when I joined. I dig it, best view in the city, and believe it or not they actually remodeled last year. My buddy who joined with me and I often joke they remodeled in late 70's fashion. I have never heard a complaint about service. When you are a memeber they know you by name and know what you like. They have even opened the bar for me and stayed late when I had friends in town. Also they drove me home one night after they asked me to leave because I had to much to drink. A+ in my book.

[This message has been edited by Wasp06 (edited 1/20/2009 11:01a).]

[This message has been edited by Wasp06 (edited 1/20/2009 11:04a).]
flipper
Sounds like a frat
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.