Metroplex
Sponsored by

Insurance renewal time/shopping

1,233 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by planoaggie123
zag213004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With no claims my home and auto have gone up. Past the point to where it is time to shop around. Any recs on companies or brokers knowledgeable to the tarrant cty area
GigEmAgs14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://m.agentshane.com/

BrianDemarais
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a Broker in DFW. My username is my real name and my contact info will come up if you Google me. Feel free to reach out!
Ark03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zag213004 said:

With no claims my home and auto have gone up. Past the point to where it is time to shop around. Any recs on companies or brokers knowledgeable to the tarrant cty area

I would get quotes from the big names in captive agencies too - not just brokers. After my rates were doubling over a couple years with a broker who said that better pricing just didn't exist, I started quoting State Farm and Allstate and Farmers and found that a couple had significantly better rates than the policies the broker was able to find - as in like 50% less. I'd been with them over 15 years (and they're well known on this forum) but they claimed they couldn't do better.

Shop around, and keep in mind that brokers don't have access to all policies and rates either!
ctownaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Conrad Neyrey at Goosehead is the man!

(720) 722-8831
EastSideAg2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also, be aware that some companies offer teaser rates for the first year and escalate premiums quickly over the following years.
zag213004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks all for this info. I will start reaching out based on these recs. Thanks!
FDXAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ark03 said:

zag213004 said:

With no claims my home and auto have gone up. Past the point to where it is time to shop around. Any recs on companies or brokers knowledgeable to the tarrant cty area

I would get quotes from the big names in captive agencies too - not just brokers. After my rates were doubling over a couple years with a broker who said that better pricing just didn't exist, I started quoting State Farm and Allstate and Farmers and found that a couple had significantly better rates than the policies the broker was able to find - as in like 50% less. I'd been with them over 15 years (and they're well known on this forum) but they claimed they couldn't do better.

Shop around, and keep in mind that brokers don't have access to all policies and rates either!


So how does this happen?? I wasn't aware that it might be better to individually quote yourself through the agencies rather than use a broker.
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FDXAg said:

Ark03 said:

zag213004 said:

With no claims my home and auto have gone up. Past the point to where it is time to shop around. Any recs on companies or brokers knowledgeable to the tarrant cty area

I would get quotes from the big names in captive agencies too - not just brokers. After my rates were doubling over a couple years with a broker who said that better pricing just didn't exist, I started quoting State Farm and Allstate and Farmers and found that a couple had significantly better rates than the policies the broker was able to find - as in like 50% less. I'd been with them over 15 years (and they're well known on this forum) but they claimed they couldn't do better.

Shop around, and keep in mind that brokers don't have access to all policies and rates either!


So how does this happen?? I wasn't aware that it might be better to individually quote yourself through the agencies rather than use a broker.



Independent brokers don't have access to the large "captive" companies, think companies that have their own specific local agents like State Farm, Farmers, etc. So the pool that they quote from is not 100 percent of the available options.

There may be an app or something that would include everything but I have not found one. So you have to do leg work to go get the quotes from the captive companies then let an independent broker quote the independent type companies.


Such an awesome system.
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When did it become 5 years after an at fault wreck for it to fall off your record? I always thought it was 3.
#FJB
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FDXAg said:

Ark03 said:

zag213004 said:

With no claims my home and auto have gone up. Past the point to where it is time to shop around. Any recs on companies or brokers knowledgeable to the tarrant cty area

I would get quotes from the big names in captive agencies too - not just brokers. After my rates were doubling over a couple years with a broker who said that better pricing just didn't exist, I started quoting State Farm and Allstate and Farmers and found that a couple had significantly better rates than the policies the broker was able to find - as in like 50% less. I'd been with them over 15 years (and they're well known on this forum) but they claimed they couldn't do better.

Shop around, and keep in mind that brokers don't have access to all policies and rates either!


So how does this happen?? I wasn't aware that it might be better to individually quote yourself through the agencies rather than use a broker.

I shop my insurance every year. I've never found that I would get better pricing from the same insurance company directly than through a broker. The quotes are identical for same coverages.

Where you can get better deals is that brokers are not going to carry all insurance companies, so find out what insurance companies a broker reps. You can fill the gaps with other insurance companies directly or through other brokers that do carry them. Some insurance companies you can only get directly as well.

You can also try to evaluate your coverages and see what you really need. Deductibles on roof coverages are getting to the point where I feel like you could be better off with a high deductible % and put the premium savings into an account for future roof replacement deductible costs.
FDXAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Absolute said:

FDXAg said:

Ark03 said:

zag213004 said:

With no claims my home and auto have gone up. Past the point to where it is time to shop around. Any recs on companies or brokers knowledgeable to the tarrant cty area

I would get quotes from the big names in captive agencies too - not just brokers. After my rates were doubling over a couple years with a broker who said that better pricing just didn't exist, I started quoting State Farm and Allstate and Farmers and found that a couple had significantly better rates than the policies the broker was able to find - as in like 50% less. I'd been with them over 15 years (and they're well known on this forum) but they claimed they couldn't do better.

Shop around, and keep in mind that brokers don't have access to all policies and rates either!


So how does this happen?? I wasn't aware that it might be better to individually quote yourself through the agencies rather than use a broker.



Independent brokers don't have access to the large "captive" companies, think companies that have their own specific local agents like State Farm, Farmers, etc. So the pool that they quote from is not 100 percent of the available options.

There may be an app or something that would include everything but I have not found one. So you have to do leg work to go get the quotes from the captive companies then let an independent broker quote the independent type companies.


Such an awesome system.


I had no idea on that. Thanks for the heads up.... My renewal is up in November and I'll shop a little differently this time
ag4christ19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ag4christ19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BrianDemarais said:

I'm a Broker in DFW. My username is my real name and my contact info will come up if you Google me. Feel free to reach out!


We've used Brian for several years now and he is awesome! Highly recommend, he's saved us money every year. Use him for home and auto
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just renewed and for the first time in the past 6 years my home went down and by about 25% and I actually increased my overall coverage a bit and added a few other random items (auto increased $30 in total for 12 month policy). Not going to retire early on this news but feels like a rare "win" when things only seem to be going up!

Umbrella took agent a bit more work. Progressive nearly doubled their umbrella.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.