Metroplex
Sponsored by

Date Night in Ft. Worth

2,883 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggie1944s Kid
ClassOf17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's some fun things to do in Ft. Worth?
aggie_wes
AG
Ummm. Well, what do you like to do? I bet you can do it in fort worth
hoosier-daddy
dinner
https://www.fourdayweekend.com/
anal
Matsui
AG
Scat jazz Lounge and other things downtown
Western and tourist it up in stockyards
South main area
Magnolia area

What do you like to do?
walton91
+1 for Scat Jazz Lounge
jwag
AG
Go downtown
Eat at Waters
Stay at Ashton
Get some
ftworthag02
AG
Bobs @ the omni
stay @ the omni
Kellso
My suggestion would be Texas De Brazil in downtown Ft Worth. A great people watching spot and a perfect locale to rub shoulders with the Tarrant County elite.

ftworthag02
AG
sorry have to disagree. If you want to rub shoulders w/ the elite then go to Del Friscos, Capital Grill, Grace, Ellerbees (Magnolia), B&B butcher (Clear Fork) also seen numerous famous people at Joe T's
Aggie19TX
AG
Riata for dinner (ask for the roof top if it's not too hot)
Walk to scatt jazz lounge for live music and great espresso martinis/old fashioneds

Expect to spend $150-$250

752bro4
AG
Kellso said:

My suggestion would be Texas De Brazil in downtown Ft Worth. A great people watching spot and a perfect locale to rub shoulders with the Tarrant County elite.

This is a great way to get so full that you don't end date night the way you want date night to end. And also lol the elite aren't eating at TdB or Fogo.
Aries
Check out The Cookery. A solid 3 hours of cooking & eating fun things, making & drinking beverages. Has been one of the best dates we have been on.
Decay
AG
You know what she likes right? Check out what shows or musicals in Fort Worth or Dallas are going on and see if anything sounds good to her
Kellso
752bro4 said:

Kellso said:

This is a great way to get so full that you don't end date night the way you want date night to end. And also lol the elite aren't eating at TdB or Fogo.
Texas de Brazil can give you a good case of mud butt, but the food is delicious.
Buford Tannen
AG
Some of our favorite date night spots: GRACE, Nonna Tata, Piatello, Clay Pigeon, Bonnell's. If you like breweries, Funky Picnic, Cowtown, Maple Branch, Wild Acre are great.
nai06
AG
Oklahoma is playing at the Bass Hall next week if that's your sort of thing. Sure you can still find tickets.
DallasAg2
AG
Check out the reviews to Oklahoma first. I hear it is terrible and people are walking out
nai06
AG
DallasAg2 said:

Check out the reviews to Oklahoma first. I hear it is terrible and people are walking out

Yeah it's very different than the traditional version. We have season tickets so I'm actually excited to see it how different it is.
hoosier-daddy
One of the funniest things about The Book of Mormon was the olds and families walking out.
aglaohfour
AG
So many great dinner spots. One from each of my favorite neighborhoods:

Del Frisco's Double Eagle
Don Artemio
Nonna Tata
Wishbone & Flynt
Provender Hall

Don't stay at the Omni is my advice. It used to be the nicest hotel in town, but Hotel Drover and The Sinclair have it beat by a lot. Even the Kimpton Harper is better.

Stuff to do:

Top Golf
Scat Jazz Lounge
See a show at any number of venues (Bass Hall, Amphibian Stage, Circle Theater, etc)
FWSO Concerts in the Garden
Japanese Garden
Whatever's happening at Dickie's
The Kimbell or the Amon Carter (restaurant at the Modern is great but the permanent collection there is not)
Lots of locally owned places offer fun classes like charcuterie, glass blowing, wood carving, block stamping, stained glass, etc.
aglaohfour
AG
nai06 said:

DallasAg2 said:

Yeah it's very different than the traditional version. We have season tickets so I'm actually excited to see it how different it is.

I gave my tickets away because I'm going to be out of town next week. Then the people I gave them to have them back after they heard from friends who saw it in Dallas. So I gave them to another family who are going but not taking their kids because of the reviews. I have to admit, I'm intrigued at this point and kind of want to hate watch it.

I feel like aside from Come From Away, this whole season has been kind of a letdown. If they hadn't put together such an awesome lineup for next year I wouldn't have renewed.
nai06
AG
aglaohfour said:

nai06 said:

DallasAg2 said:

I gave my tickets away because I'm going to be out of town next week. Then the people I gave them to have them back after they heard from friends who saw it in Dallas. So I gave them to another family who are going but not taking their kids because of the reviews. I have to admit, I'm intrigued at this point and kind of want to hate watch it.

I feel like aside from Come From Away, this whole season has been kind of a letdown. If they hadn't put together such an awesome lineup for next year I wouldn't have renewed.

We saw mean girls 3 years ago on Broadway so im looking forward to seeing if they change anything. We were wanting to add a seat next year but haven't heard back yet which makes me a little nervous,
Aggie1944s Kid
AG
4 day weekend has always been pretty good.
Get ready bal. You're gonna in for a problem.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.